jack's Jack & jack's Tony ..Together for the first time&#3

marauderdriver

The thing on the fin is a Marine Corps Globe, at least I hope that is what your asking about.

I feel I got LUCKY with the mask....trying to get the fuselage markings close to even took an hour

of on and off. I will dabble in some more mask in the future.

The red spinner with the white band behind it really helps the color.

Thanks for looking in once again

jack

Well it was an all-nighter Friday into Sat before the contest to "Get ER DONE"!!

Thought I was sunk when I went to fit the canopy and windscreen and they popped

right off, It was like they had shrunk in the dryer, CA in on the rails and a stretch across

to both sides planted the wind screen down.  I don't want to glue the canopy due to

adding pilot when I rebuild it gear-u So I tried some white glue and it made it home after

the show before it let loose. Hope you like!!  :fight:  :evil_laugh: rLZwu7F.jpgcwYptjB.jpgLjElLZV.jpg3sXCLmL.jpgB3r0a1t.jpghpGcoKd.jpgCQCeqgu.jpgUOwfLX9.jpgciWi2iT.jpg

Nice! What unique scheme! What's next?

Thank You Sir,

Want to do the N1K1-Ja George, it has raised rivets and panel lines.  Little different approach to look similar to the Raiden.

BUT.....I have an Anigrand 1/72nd KC-10 I have to build for the museum along with a B-47E due in a year,.  I haven't

had the pleasure of building an Anigrand 4 piece warped fuselage before, I'm going to have to ask a lot of questions on how

to get it together strong enough to hold the wings and tails without cracking the seam open. I spent a week with the heat gun

in unwarping and it likes like another week with the gun and a BELT SANDER.

I'm afraid I won't finish the George before this GB is over and I'm afraid if I wait til the end of April to start it, I will be late

when the KC-10 and B-47 are due.

Thank You for following long with these 2 builds

I will be following along with your Hell Cat

jack

Edited by marauderdriver

Fantastic and distinctive Tony!

It would be nice to have a photo of the Jack and the Tony together!

Thank you for those two really interesting builds!

Alain

Thank You Alain. I try to build something different most of the time.  Ask and you shall receive

jack0ZBD3Ld.jpgjPDGz2E.jpgRjAogDq.jpgRjAogDq.jpgWINfHAZ.jpgr1ajyLV.jpg

Nice one, I will put you up in the gallery.

Thank You Brad

Your workbench is pretty neat.  You can come over & tidy up my man cave any day!

Seriously though Jack, great work on the Tony ... it looks really crisp.  I love the globe and anchor on the tail.

Jim

Thanks for the Bench Compliment C-DUDE!!    She came out pretty nice. this is one reason why I build Classic Plastic  OOB.  It is a living history lesson

on what Grandpop and dad had to build in the 50's - 80's... These 2 Revell kits have amazing RECESSED panel line and rivet detail J2M3 Raiden and Ki-61 Hien.

The most amazing of all is the N1K1-Ja  Amazingly delicate recessed panel lines and RAISED rivets.....These kits need to be built and enjoyed, not stuck in a box!!!!!

Jack