Is the Revell Germany RF-4C nose accurate in shape.

oyoy5

The Flightpath set is not tailored for the RF. It can be used but will ask for additional work.

Was the RF nose gear bay moved relatively to the E/F version? I don't know, just asking...

Thanks

Reading between the lines of your request @¿@ I would say you could get an RF-4C conversion from the Tamiya F-4C/D using the Revell Photo Phantom kit as donor.

Advantages over the Avionix/Black box conversion (which was based on the Revell parts)? Given that either requires the same surgery to the Tamiya fuselage, the Revell offers:

1/ RF-4C type NLG door

2/ pointy inner wing pylons

3/ interior bay detail

4/ cockpit parts

5/ plastic, not resin

6/ quite passable AN/ALQ-119 ECM and AN/ALE-38 bulk chaff pods

If you are actually going to build the Revell, then yes the nose is accurate so you could stick out of a 1/32 TAB-V shelter with the rest out of view.

Revell should revisit this kit with a new tool, correct canopy and it would be a gem.

Tony

Nice builds Menelaos. You've clevery left the canopy hoods open to mask the otherwise ghastly canopy profile.

C'mon Revell, for a few hundred quid you could design a new set of canopy parts which would very positively transform the RF-4 (and F-4) kits!

Tony

Nice builds Menelaos. You've clevery left the canopy hoods open to mask the otherwise ghastly canopy profile.

C'mon Revell, for a few hundred quid you could design a new set of canopy parts which would very positively transform the RF-4 (and F-4) kits!

Tony

yes Tony it's better to left them open, but seriously the shape isn't so wrong compared with the older Revell F-4s.

here s one of my F-4s with the canopies closed...

F-4_E-_HILL-front-links1.jpg