P-39 D1 Airacobra (G. Welch)

Tomek

hard to believe that's paper!

Thanks Rich! :blush:

Maybe "a replica" is too big word my my humble P-39. I promise though to build something much more detailed one day :evil_laugh:

I bought a paper model kit a few years back and after seeing the complexity I put it on the shelf where it remains to this day. I think I'll stick to plastic! ;)

Thanks for the compliments!

Start with something simple and let the paper models grow on you. I believe any of us here have the skills to do it. No rocket science here. Plastic models that's a different story :unsure: ;)

Tomek , hats off to you . A great looking plane , love to know what the next project will be :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!

I want to finish first DH.6 which is my entry in the Multiwing GB. I have a devious plan for this kit, but most likely this means I can't finish on time. Will try though!

Then I have lined up Saiun, P-40, Mosquito ... maybe Kingfisher :rolleyes:. Will see...

• 2 weeks later...

Great build, Tomek...and great to see another paper model over here...

For those who may think they 'could never build a paper model', it's no different than starting out in plastic - if you rushed out to buy one of Tigger's ID Models rereleases or a recent Trumpeter/Academy/Tamiya etc 1/32 aircraft as your first model, you will probably have issues...paper models are no different...start small/simple and work up from there - if there is one key difference it may be that it is easy to (legally) find free paper models that allow to to make as many mistakes as you like so long as your printer can keep producing parts...

Geoff, big thanks for the compliment. You're way too kind :blush: .

Hey Simon, thanks! We have already bumped into each other actually ... but that's an old story ;) .

Model on buddy!

Edited by Tomek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just spotted this, great work Tomek. You're really getting there just keep on building. Paper does not compete with other mediums, but it sure does not give any advantage either! One of my favourite planes and one of my favourite models of it.

Thanks guys for the compliments :blush:

Tappi, you really should visit the forums more often :fight: . Since finishing P-39, my son managed to damage it twice - playing soccer indoors can be dangerous.... Fortunately, everything can be mended. I still need to bring it to my modeling club meeting, otherwise I wouldn't care ;)

Saúl,

I like Greenpoint and hate it at the same time. I've been avoiding it since I moved to the U.S. Bay Ridge is so much better :coolio:.

I still need to bring it to my modeling club meeting, otherwise I wouldn't care ;)

Saúl,

I like Greenpoint and hate it at the same time. I've been avoiding it since I moved to the U.S. Bay Ridge is so much better :coolio:.

I used to live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and would go to Greenpoint's meat markets (such as Steve's on Nassau Avenue) for my kabanosy pikant. So I understand the love/hate relationship. moja żona jest Polsku. ;)

Is the modeling club the Brooklyn Plastic Modelers Society (BPMS)?

Regards,

Edited by sharkmotuh

I used to live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and would go to Greenpoint's meat markets (such as Steve's on Nassau Avenue) for my kabanosy pikant.

You made my mouth watered ... I think I'll go grocery shopping after work ;)

Is the modeling club the Brooklyn Plastic Modelers Society (BPMS)?

That's right. As a matter of fact we have meeting this evening. Guests always welcome! Airmont is not that far :wicked: .

That's right. As a matter of fact we have meeting this evening. Guests always welcome! Airmont is not that far

Airmont is 'only' an hour and a half away... let me get my helipad ready :D that should cut down the time needed!

As for the last time I visited the BPMS, they used to meet at the Marcy Photo Studios... a Loooooong time ago!

Regards,