Photo

the post of the bikes got me thinking how about we post our cars?

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 LSP_Ray

LSP_Ray

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:47 AM

This is is better than any adult website... :P

Btw thats a comercial garage right? I.e this is your job/business?

Naah, that's my garage/shop below my house. Not a job, just another of my hobbies. Holds nine cars, or right now 7 cars, a small Airstream, a lift, and a bunch of lumber cut from some trees that went down during a storm. I have some models stored down there, too.

• LSP_Typhoonattack and CANicoll like this
Posted Image
Ray "Bad Omen" Peterson

#122 Neo

Neo

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:54 AM

Naah, that's my garage/shop below my house. Not a job, just another of my hobbies. Holds nine cars, or right now 7 cars, a small Airstream, a lift, and a bunch of lumber cut from some trees that went down during a storm. I have some models stored down there, too.

Oh my im jealous. Those cars all look amzing did you restore them yourself
  • CANicoll likes this

#123 CANicoll

CANicoll

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

Thanks Neo!  What goes around comes around....   I loved that Duster I have to say...

The WRX is a bit quirky, not quite up with all the latest electronic mods (no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto) but it is very comfortable, quick enough to get me in trouble fast if I don't watch it,  and the Subaru world is very friendly.  I can't tell you how many people have stopped me to me ask about this car.  It is just fun, and I can use some of that right now. 

Chris

#124 CANicoll

CANicoll

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

That's why i prefer the lines of the Challenger rather than the Mustang. Very modern but very retro at the same time in my opinion, i really like what Dodge did with this car. Love it !

The modern Charger is cool but have nothing in common with the first Charger generations, though.

You are a man after my own heart - I would LOVE to own one of the 70 TA Challengers (or 440 RT, or Hemi.....) .  Lovely cars they are - great lines...  The new ones are ok. but I tried to sit in the back of a new one and kept hitting my head on the ceiling, ditto on the Mustangs.  NO backseat to speak of.  Oh, and I'm not even 5'8" so not like I'm a giant or anything...

Edited by CANicoll, 23 May 2018 - 12:52 PM.

#125 LSP_Typhoonattack

LSP_Typhoonattack

• LSP Moderator
  • 26,814 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

You are a man after my own heart - I would LOVE to own one of the 70 TA Challengers (or 440 RT, or Hemi.....) .  Lovely cars they are - great lines...  The new ones are ok. but I tried to sit in the back of a new one and kept hitting my head on the ceiling, ditto on the Mustangs.  NO backseat to speak of.  Oh, and I'm not even 5'8" so not like I'm a giant or anything...

From the entire muscle car era, the '70 Challengers are my absolute all-time favorites. I had an opportunity to buy a '70 R./T convertible (340 or 383, I forget which) many years back, but was unable to pull it off even then.

• Martinnfb likes this

Kevin

I was going to procrastinate tonight, but decided to wait.

In Progress:

#126 LSP_Typhoonattack

LSP_Typhoonattack

• LSP Moderator
  • 26,814 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:46 PM

Looks like you inbox is full, Ray.

Kevin

I was going to procrastinate tonight, but decided to wait.

In Progress:

#127 LSP_Ray

LSP_Ray

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:51 AM

Looks like you inbox is full, Ray.

Oops; cleared some room...

• LSP_Typhoonattack likes this
Posted Image
Ray "Bad Omen" Peterson

#128 LSP_Ray

LSP_Ray

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:59 AM

Oh my im jealous. Those cars all look amzing did you restore them yourself

No, not really.

The 68, yes. The 67 I bought already restored, though I am doing some clean up work and a few changes, like the replica wheels and I need to replace the locks as they are a jumbled mess and I need to fix the odometer still. The 2010 Camaro I bought new and am just modding it. The '87 Porsche I had Porsche dealer do most of the mechanical work as it makes it a selling point. We are doing the paint and interior work, though. Wife's 2004 Vette I am doing/ have done some mods and cleanup myself. The others I bought new and just been playing with them. 

Must admit though a GM guy, I like the 70 Challengers, too. The new ones look good, but a bit off. I read the initial concept car for the new one was about 6" wider and I think they should have kept it that way they do look a bit narrow.

My 2010 Camaro doesn't have a great back seat either; window really close to the head and you need to cut your legs off at the knees. Of course, I am driving so don't care much. ;)

• Iain (32SIG), Martinnfb, LSP_Typhoonattack and 1 other like this
Posted Image
Ray "Bad Omen" Peterson

#129 Shaka HI

Shaka HI

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:11 AM

..I was looking for this thread, did a refresh and it showed up on the first page! Thanks Ray.

So I'll probably be getting a new 2018 Accord with a 6 speed for my daily/adult car (instead of the Audi S3 which I've lost all interest -- I want an manual transmission), but this became available and I just had to get it. I can't seem to break the Honda habit! S2000 in LBP. Rare color and it only has 32K miles on the ODO!

9pZrng7.jpg?1

• Martinnfb, LSP_Typhoonattack, Out2gtcha and 1 other like this

#130 Martinnfb

Martinnfb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,149 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:41 AM

Nice ride Shaka  :m0152:

car-likes.jpg

• Shaka HI likes this

In progress:   D-13 ; Ta-152V7 ; Mig-29 ; EMIL ; P-39 Аэрокобра ; Avia S-199 ; K-14 what if

Done:            F-8 F-8 Wurger Party ; D-9 ; D-15; Ta-152E ; P-40E 

#131 LSP_Ray

LSP_Ray

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:06 AM

Nice ride, Shaka, I bet it is fun to drive!

• Shaka HI likes this
Posted Image
Ray "Bad Omen" Peterson

#132 mmaben

mmaben

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:34 PM

..I was looking for this thread, did a refresh and it showed up on the first page! Thanks Ray.

So I'll probably be getting a new 2018 Accord with a 6 speed for my daily/adult car (instead of the Audi S3 which I've lost all interest -- I want an manual transmission), but this became available and I just had to get it. I can't seem to break the Honda habit! S2000 in LBP. Rare color and it only has 32K miles on the ODO!

9pZrng7.jpg?1

Wow ! a great looking cruise around the island on a sunny day ride !!

Hey, somebody spray painted your license plate  :o

;)

• Martinnfb and Shaka HI like this

I just like airplanes

Mike                        Smirnoffcat    RomanianG-2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users