39 replies to this topic

#1 Stanton

Stanton

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:18 PM

Gary, 

I was wondering if you have any timeline of when you might be releasing any of the Navy subjects especially the F-4S version.

Thanks

Stanton

#2 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

F-4B!!!

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#3 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:41 AM

Right now the plan for  “B” kit is sometime mid -late November, in time for Christmas.   The S may also be this year, as it will be offered as just a slat wing kit, since Aires already makes a beautiful cockpit and all of the other “S” parts come with the “J” kits like antennas, cameras, etc.  I have not done any intensive research on the S as of yet, so if there is something that I need to be aware of that is not covered in my list here, please bring it to my attention.

Thanks for your interest.

Gary

• Bill Cross, Peterpools and MARU5137 like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      

Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#4 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,697 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:00 AM

Gary

Looking forward to the F4B ... another awesome Christmas present coming our way

Peter

• Bill Cross likes this

B5WSeE.jpg

#5 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

Just a quick update.   The F-4B conversion is on schedule to be released the end of November.   Here are a few pictures to feed you animals!

DSCN4417_zpsdb4739d2.jpg

DSCN4419_zps9151ca92.jpg

DSCN4420_zps7942b4b7.jpg

DSCN4434_zpsc1de9f93.jpg

DSCN4436_zpsac840d09.jpg

Thanks, Gary

• Daniel Leduc, harvey, Peterpools and 1 other like this

Many Thanks, Gary

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#6 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,697 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

Gary

Sure is looking good

Peter

B5WSeE.jpg

#7 Magic Mike

Magic Mike

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:45 PM

Nice!!!

MM

#8 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B....

I have an F-4J kit waiting for this set. Please let me know what it will contain. TIA.

• Daniel Leduc likes this

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#9 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B,B, B. B. B, B, B. B. B....

I have an F-4J kit waiting for this set. Please let me know what it will contain. TIA.

Hey Bill,

Right now it will contain the following:

I have decided to make the kit into two parts.  One is the Airframe Conversion set which contains everything that is required for converting the exterior.    The interior will be a separate kit for the cockpit, and I am undescided at this point whether to offer  one comprehensive cockpit kit, or an early “B” and then a late “B/N” kit.   At this point I am leaning toward just one cockpit kit to cover all of them, and have the builder choose.

• Thin wing kit including the wheel wells, doors, etc of use with the Tamiya landing gear
  • Plain ALQ-126 Plain, APR-24 snub nose, APR-30  ( the signature “B/N” )tail fin caps
  • Tail fin base vent intake splitter
  • Nose cone with  IRST ,  APR-30 hook,  Apr-25 Shoe Horn, ALQ-126
  • AN/ALQ-51/100 ECM small nodes  ;    AN/ALQ-126 ECM of 1 small, 3 large are included in the F-4J Tamiya kits
  • Instructions to remove the slat from the Elevators for modeling the early jets
  • GT Resin J-79 short exhaust
  • Complete instructions on which parts from the Tamiya kit to use to make the correct “B” or “N” cockpit from what is already supplied in the “J” kit
  • Narrow main landing gear wheels/tires

Cockpit kit:

• GT Resin MK 5 USN version Ejection seats
  • Detailed WSO left side panel
  • Detailed WSO lower control panel with scope and control stick
  • Early WSO upper instrument panel
  • Shoehorn WSO upper instrument panel
  • Detailed cockpit tub.

I may have missed something as this is from memory, so let me know if I have.   I strongly Recommend getting Daco’s F-B/N book, as this is the best source for USN Phantom documentation.

Thanks for asking,

Gary

• Daniel Leduc, Bill Cross and MARU5137 like this

Many Thanks, Gary

#10 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

#11 Magic Mike

Magic Mike

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

Sounds like I'll be selling my CAM B conversion...

MM 

#12 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,697 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:54 PM

WOW!

Looking foreward to the "B" and what a conversion set it will be

Peter

B5WSeE.jpg

#13 blackbetty

blackbetty

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

gona get me one of these!

i want to do a marine B from the Vietnam aera (the one with the tripple gunpods). can i use a tamiya C/D kit as a starting point?

• MARU5137 likes this

back after 20 years

#14 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,342 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

Just a quick update.   The F-4B conversion is on schedule to be released the end of November.   Here are a few pictures to feed you animals!

DSCN4417_zpsdb4739d2.jpg

DSCN4419_zps9151ca92.jpg

DSCN4420_zps7942b4b7.jpg

DSCN4434_zpsc1de9f93.jpg

DSCN4436_zpsac840d09.jpg

Thanks, Gary

:wow:

Impressive stuff.

very nice :clap2:

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#15 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:47 PM

Thanks, Maru5137

Many Thanks, Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users