Photo

NEW! F-105 Canopy Frame Detail set for both Kits!!!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Magic Mike

Magic Mike

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:49 PM

Wow...those are great.

A set of these would be great for the Revell F-4 kit too.

MM
  • Daniel Leduc likes this

#32 Daniel Leduc

Daniel Leduc

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:05 AM

Oh so YES........ I'll second that, 10 times.......... :frantic: 

Ok, let's make it 4 set pls....... :innocent:

Dan.

Not bad for a Cabochon....

output_EfpzVh_zps33d09002.gif

#33 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:28 AM

Thanks guys for the kind words of support.   I do plan on making a set for the Revell F-4 kits, I just don’t know when.   Right now the F-4B/N  and the “S” wing set is taking up most all of my time.  Perhaps after these are done I can work on them.

Gary

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      

Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#34 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just and update as I know several of you are waiting on these.  I apologize for the prior announcement as the setts are not going to be released.    Production problems dealing with the quality of the clear parts is not what it needs to be, and I don’t see a quick solution to the problem.     More info later.

Gary

Bad news... What are exactly the problem? not enough clear? bubbles or stain in the material?

Your frame detail parts are very good looking, but as i really need to have this bad shape corrected on the kit's canopy, i will wait a bit more. Good luck, I hope you'll find a solution even if it is in one or 2 years !

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V, Bf109E-3, F-35A 34th FS

#35 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

The problem is the modern material that meets EPA guidelines.   The Manufacturers of the material are no longer allowed to use Mercury in the Resin, and for good reason,  But that makes the conditions of the process from start to finish almost a laboratory process.   Right now the time it takes to get acceptable clear parts, and the cost involved make it prohibitive when I have so many other projects to get done.   I am looking now at a Combo of VAC Form and with Resin frames, but that will be next year.

The frames were an idea to help your guys out in the mean time.

Will keep everyone posted,

Gary

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      

Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#36 marauderdriver

marauderdriver

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:30 AM

The Frames look great, and sure take up some space that will have to be dealt with one way or another.

They also look good with the canopy closed.

Thanks Gary

Jack

bddb4135-4c76-4763-a001-43cedb78b2fa.jpgGonna get back to this ...One of These Days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users