Photo

NEW! F-105 Canopy Frame Detail set for both Kits!!!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just and update as I know several of you are waiting on these.  I apologize for the prior announcement as the setts are not going to be released.    Production problems dealing with the quality of the clear parts is not what it needs to be, and I don’t see a quick solution to the problem.     More info later.

Gary

• Lee White, harvey and MARU5137 like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      

Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#2 marauderdriver

marauderdriver

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

All AMPed up for these sets, as I didn't know about the F/G and will need one for my future F

And gives me some J-6 time.

Looking forward to pictures

You Guys :punk:  :punk:  :punk:

jack

Edited by marauderdriver, 26 August 2014 - 02:37 PM.

• harvey likes this

bddb4135-4c76-4763-a001-43cedb78b2fa.jpgGonna get back to this ...One of These Days

#3 dora9

dora9

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

Same for me here! :yahoo: One set for the D and two sets for the F/G! :thumbsup:

Andre Dorion

P1050144_zps9370ed62.jpg

#4 DaneBramage

DaneBramage

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

I might spring for that. :P

Give blood: build models and use #11blades....

Modeling: A little cheaper than Golf and you won't get skin cancer.

#5 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

I'm in for both set, too !

It's been so long that i've been waiting for that, looking old CE canopy sets being sold on Ebay as if they were made of gold....

Thank you so much !

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V, Bf109E-3, F-35A 34th FS

#6 Tony T

Tony T

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

Definitely up for the F/G set. The Trumpeter canopies have bad cold mould join lines running through them.

Tony
Finally spraying again

#7 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

Definitely up for the F/G set. The Trumpeter canopies have bad cold mould join lines running through them.

Tony

Yes, but that's not the main issue, as it can be easily corrected with a slight sanding/polishing of the joint (some Tamiya canopies also have this joint, it is unavoidable with negative draft angles moulds). But the Trumpeter canopies and wind screens (for both D and s seaters) are above all totally messed up ! (the canopy section should make about 2/3 of a circle, and it is absolutely not this way on the trumpeter model)

F-105%20view%20of%20cockpit.JPG

F105-466th.jpg

• harvey and MARU5137 like this

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V, Bf109E-3, F-35A 34th FS

#8 Eli Raphael

Eli Raphael

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

I'm in for the double seater!

Eli Raphael
www.zotzdecals.net

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."

#9 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:31 AM

Count me in Gazza.

Hey Gary it might be worth consideration of a Lightning front and main canopy correction increasing the curvature for the base kit needs a similar correction to this.
Someone is working on a correction set but it will be extremely involved it appears and far beyond most people's wallet and motivation levels if you want several finished kits like me.
The Trunp front windscreen only has about 160degrees of curve and the original is very similar amount if curve to the Trump F-105.
A quick canopy fix increasing this a bit would give you a LOT of sales to British fans of the Lightning of which there is many.
Heaps of people waiting for Lightning fixes and well worthy of consideration from a sales point over the future.

Edited by Darren Howie, 30 August 2014 - 07:18 AM.

• marauderdriver likes this

#10 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:33 AM

Yes, but that's not the main issue, as it can be easily corrected with a slight sanding/polishing of the joint (some Tamiya canopies also have this joint, it is unavoidable with negative draft angles moulds). But the Trumpeter canopies and wind screens (for both D and s seaters) are above all totally messed up ! (the canopy section should make about 2/3 of a circle, and it is absolutely not this way on the trumpeter model)

F-105%20view%20of%20cockpit.JPG
F105-466th.jpg

Its not just Trump..Hobbyboss..Monogram and everyone else who has ever done a Thud have buggered it up.
The CE correction helped a lot.
Hopefully Gary's is similar!

#11 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

Hey Guys,

I hope to have pictures out this weekend for everyone to look at.   You are correct in that the  CE set was a big improvement over the kit, and my fix is similar but goes much more in depth.   First my parts fit together correctly, and the finished assemblies fit the model openings.   The wind screen has framework cast in place for strength and ease of assembly, and I provide a dash/ coaming deck that fits into the front windscreen.    The modification to the fuselage is almost identical to the CE kit in that part of the front fuselage has to be removed to get the shape that Trumpy missed.    

Hey Darren, what’s a Lightning??    :hmmm:

LOL..................Just kidding.      IT is a good suggestion as I know the kit is all screwed up from reading the reviews, maybe down the road a bit.  The Phantom line looks like a 2-3 year project to cover all of the C/D Weasels, Recces, Foreign operator upgrades, and British.....yes I said British.    I will be a lucky to finish the F-15 K and SG sets and the rest of the Thud stuff before we move to Charleston next spring.   Lots of really neat stuff planned for you guys, and gals.

Been a busy week and in the shop this weekend.  Everyone have a great evening,

Gary

• Daniel Leduc and MARU5137 like this

Many Thanks, Gary

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#12 dora9

dora9

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

British, you said British? That is mighty good news! :yahoo:

• MARU5137 likes this

Andre Dorion

P1050144_zps9370ed62.jpg

#13 Daniel Leduc

Daniel Leduc

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

Oh boy, a British conversion ?????........  count me in :m0152:

There goes my screening........ :rofl:

Dan.

• MARU5137 likes this

Not bad for a Cabochon....

output_EfpzVh_zps33d09002.gif

#14 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

Count me in Gazza.

Hey Gary it might be worth consideration of a Lightning front and main canopy correction increasing the curvature for the base kit needs a similar correction to this.
Someone is working on a correction set but it will be extremely involved it appears and far beyond most people's wallet and motivation levels if you want several finished kits like me.
The Trunp front windscreen only has about 160degrees of curve and the original is very similar amount if curve to the Trump F-105.
A quick canopy fix increasing this a bit would give you a LOT of sales to British fans of the Lightning of which there is many.
Heaps of people waiting for Lightning fixes and well worthy of consideration from a sales point over the future.

Darren - the Trumpeter Lightning canopy needs a *lot* more than just cross-sectional curvature - and needs a new sill area as it's out in all dimensions/shapes.

The one I'm working on will be available as a canopy/sill area only for those that don't want to go the whole hog...

IMG_0815.jpg

Interested in these 105 sets!!  :thumbsup:

Iain

• Tony T, harvey, MARU5137 and 1 other like this

1280-4.jpg

Iain Ogilvie - http://www.aeronut.co.uk

#15 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:21 AM

Darren - the Trumpeter Lightning canopy needs a *lot* more than just cross-sectional curvature - and needs a new sill area as it's out in all dimensions/shapes.

The one I'm working on will be available as a canopy/sill area only for those that don't want to go the whole hog...

IMG_0815.jpg

Interested in these 105 sets!!  :thumbsup:

Iain

Hey Ian,   Thanks for sharing your findings with the Lightening Canopy  Looks like you are well on your way to getting that one solved and many of these builders will be very happy.   The Thud has the same issue with the sill being to wide, which is why simply replacing the canopy will not work.  The interesting thing with the two seater is that the rear canopy and the fuselage in between the canopies the correct shape.

Thanks for your help,

Gary

Many Thanks, Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users