All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I’ve sprayed some of the MRP neutral grey 43 here, just to check my work in this area (probably should have used primer instead, as I have a ton of that). Despite what I’d thought were my best efforts, the seam still shows! I’ll continue the work to get it as decent as I can.
  3. https://www.aircraftinpixels.com/shop/p/132-scale-macchi-c202-landing-gear-legs Currently available for pre-order at a special price. We expect to begin shipping these the week of May 6. Two piece design allows assembly of landing gear after model is painted (!) Made of premium, super high strength resin. Finely detailed door support brackets and torque link. Separately rendered brake lines in resilient resin. Will work with the kit wheels or my aftermarket wheels and tires without modification. Please note the photos below are dry fit, pre-production items. Wheels and tires sold separately.
  4. That is a tough one but, of the LSP’s; 1. WnW Sopwith Pup 2. Lukgraph DH.89 Dragon Rapide 3. CSM Bristol Scout Now, if I were to think of kits of all types and scales, that would be another list of three… kind regards, Paul
  5. That looks totally plausible Erwin! great build and so fast! kind regards, Paul
  6. Thanks for the input gents. Always welcome (the Fury’s wheels were done with toy motorcycle tires that I sanded the tread off). The Bearcat I did in 3D. Honestly my time with kits can be rather “normal” and i don’t mind it at all. It begs to just be scratchbuilt entirely.
  7. Today
  8. Hi, I have been trying to find some printables to make a BOMARC. My father worked on them, and I want to make one as a tribute to him. Particksparks doesn't have the files anymore, so he suggested I ask you. He has given me approval to use them if they still exist. Thanks!
  9. Waiting for yet more putty to dry on the wings, I turned my attention to the tail area. There were some minor gaps under the tail planes, but Vallejo acrylic putty fixed them up quite nicely. I love that stuff. (Still needs to be rubbed out with alcohol or thinner.)
  10. Well, I'm gonna have to PM him, maybe help me out with the Sea Venom seats too! One of the things I've noticed is that most of the people here are "propcentric" [ ain't nuthin' wrong wit dat] but there is a certain percentage that are into jets too [ you all know who you are including me] If I can score the AMS -84E cockpit set , I'll be definitely getting the Thunderjet[ I already have the Sea Venom]
  11. BiggTim is the man to talk to about that. He's got all the molds.
  12. Hoping your birthday was as fun as it sounds!
  13. The only hitch in the get-a-long is that it's OOP[ figures]
  14. Another model flew into the workshop, one of those that are lingering in the cupboard and I still have a lot of it and my wife is whining about how much of it (good stuff) I still have and when I'm going to do it. So I'm getting on with the build, but one that's straight out of the box and how I'm going to make it. Introducing the Curtiss A-8 ‘SHRIKE’ in 1:48 from Czech Model, for me it's a bit of an exotic theme and there will be such themes between Italian and Polish themes. And this is how the box and its contents look like, and there is only one painting and two markings of the machine 80 and 83.
  15. I actually helped Harold Offield of AMS with the Instrument Panel and the ejection seat. It is a set to have and it improves the Thunderjet drastically.
  16. Wrapping up with the kit contents, the majority of the clear parts are held on Eduard's signature circular sprue. Even though this circular sprue was held in its own bag, both the windscreen and the bubble canopy were detached and floating in the bag. Thankfully, there does not appear to be any damage to the canopy parts. The supplied photoetch includes pre-painted parts for the cockpit and some unpainted detail parts as well. Markings for six aircraft are supplied on this huge decal sheet. Biggest I've encountered and wouldn't fit on my desktop scanner. These are the newer style decals from Eduard that feature a removable clear carrier, similar to the wet transfer decals from HGW and 1ManArmy. I am planning to do a natural metal bird from Royal Indian Air Force circa 1947. Construction will start in the cockpit and my attention is drawn to the three ways Eduard provides for the instrument panel. The first version has molded detail on the instrument faces that are meant to be painted. The second version provides partially flat faces for the panels that are meant to be used with the kit-supplied decals for the instrument faces. The third version uses the pre-painted phototetch parts. Since the molded detail version lacks the raised instrument dials, I thought I would morph the three version into two alternatives. 1: Using the decals on the molded detail parts and 2: removing all of the raised details on the 2nd version and applying the photo-etch parts onto that. Same purplish grey that Eduard seems to use on ALL of its instrument panels. I'll have to double check to see if the decals actually line up with the molded details as I notice some differences between all three instrument panel version. But I've prepped Version 2 by removing all of the raised details.
  17. I had 20 different types of beer while staying 3 days at Bruxelles Regards - dutik
  18. Chris... we will see.... .. I bet that is because he will work on the F-16 PIDS+ Pylons first /Niels PS - love the F-15 canopy rail
  19. Happy birthday, hope you have a nice Belgian bier, if you can decide which one to have..?
  20. Talk about coincidences, I happen to have a set of the 1,000 pounders sitting here, but again, while great for hanging from the airplane, not at all good for displaying on a bomb truck or trailer.
  21. Thank you all guys! Chris... we will see....
  1. Load more activity