1/32 Trumpeter P-47D - USAF F-47 THUNDERBOLT VIETNAM “FINISHED”

DugyB

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, James Rademaker said:

Really like this thread. BTW,is she going to be painted in the normal SEA tri camouflage colors?

Jim

G’day there,   oh for certain on that. Really looking forward to trying out the Mr Color range of acrylics as I’ve never used them. I’ve so many ideas rattling around inside my head I’m confused. :D

Edited by DugyB

This is my third Trumpeter build and the first where I needed to drill out the instrument faces.  Kit was supplied with two panels, I haven’t used a stock kit panel in a long time and being a “what if” I also didn’t see the need for a after market part, only need to sand the back a bit thinner, a tedious  job that had to be done. Getting close now to putting some paint on the cockpit, haven’t decided on colour yet.  :hmmm:

53580964044_dd9c18e9e8_b.jpg

Cluttered up the front office with some bits and bobs.  Aircraft of the era were known for being festooned with dials, switches and circuit breakers.  Repurposed the map box into a electronic box, nearly there now … B)

53582644411_3a26635f35_b.jpg

53581774097_605e38a3a2_b.jpg

53583089375_2685c932ce_b.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, quang said:

I should have warned you earlier but Nam Bolts had NO corrugated floor. Ah well! :rolleyes:

Is there any photographic evidence of this claim, if so I’ll stand corrected …. :whistle:
…… actually I think you’re right, and it’s starting to bug the hell outa me …. :hmmm:

Edited by DugyB

59 minutes ago, DugyB said:

But mainly also because Bolt Jockeys complained about Navy Jocks having something they didn’t.

Ha! indeed, the sempiternal inter-service rivalry. :rolleyes:
Some Air Farce jocks tried to instigate folding wings. But since the Jug’s wingspan was not over-long, the decision was to fold just a small portion of the wing tip à la A6M2. It’s still unclear whether the project was brought to fruition, but wing-folded Jugs were spotted by IPMSers at Phu Cat AB in April 1968.