Andy's Hobby HQ New 1/16th Preorder...

LSP_Ray

Alright!

Kinda thought something might be up when I saw a Jim Shirley 1/16 251 listed on e-bay. Those things are hens teeth.

I doubt Trumpy cares, they released their Sherman and Panzer III even though Das Werk and Takom/Andy released theirs. I hope we see early war "Alte" versions of the 251 as well.

Edited by eoyguy

5 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Just announced:

Due in September. $110.00

Wonder if Trumpy will still release theirs...

Trumpeter´s version came up for pre-order at the same time in several shops I can see

Are they not essentially the same kits from the same "designs" or molds?

I find it curious that suddenly we see several manufacturers release the same 1/16 StuG kit..and then the 1/16 Sherman and now the 1/16 Sdkfz 251.. I doubt they all had the same idea at the same time by coincidence ^_^

But super great to see a Sdkfz 251 in 1/16. I will surely get one and put some Jeff Shiu figures in there.

/Niels

Edited by Zola25

13 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Trumpeter´s version came up for pre-order at the same time in several shops I can see

Are they not essentially the same kits from the same "designs" or molds?

I find it curious that suddenly we see several manufacturers release the same 1/16 StuG kit..and then the 1/16 Sherman and now the 1/16 Sdkfz 251.. I doubt they all had the same idea at the same time by coincidence ^_^

But super great to see a Sdkfz 251 in 1/16. I will surely get one and put some Jeff Shiu figures in there.

/Niels

I thought the same thing, just odd for suddenly all these 1/16 kits coming from different manufacturers of the same subject. I have both Shermans from I Love Kit and Andy's/Takom and they are not the same. From what I have seen of the Das Werk and the Trump/Heller/Gallery Stugs  and Panzer III's, they are not the same either. 

Edited by eoyguy

Ive been noticing in the last couple years that some subjects are comming out all at once from different manufacturers. 

In 1/48 we have 3 new f-14's(amk,tamiya,gwh) new f-4(academy, tamiya zm), f-18(meng, kinetic, )

In 1/32 we got mosquito(tamiya ,hk, landcaster(hk border) ect

My theory on this is that someone is making the data/details available and selling to multiple manufacturers making it more viable to make models out of it. The timing makes me think there something causing this.

Not complaining at all but its just odd. 

Loving these new 1/16 scale tanks, havent decided to get one yet as ive only ever built 2 tanks but this is tempting. I always found armor in 1/35 is like 1/48 equivalent to planes, dont mind in love in in some cases but 1/16  armor is really attractive to me

Maybe the 1/16th kits are selling well enough that it is seen as a viable scale. I know from that other thread, I'll probably pick up one of the I-luv M4A1s. Most of the new kits coming out are priced low enough not to kill interest. $500 plus for a non-RC tank, even with a full interior, is not a great product to grow the market. $100-150, I think, really helps expand it. If I can keep getting 1/16th stuff I'm interested in, anything but German, I won't be building smaller scales. 1/16th is just so much easier to build, and the details look better. 

It will be interesting to see if the HB Tiger is actually "new" or just a gutted release of an RC kit, like their Tiger I mid. Takom's/Andys Sherman is better than the I Love Kit Sherman in most, if not all, regards. I have both, the ILK Sherman isn't bad, just not as refined and detailed as Andy's.

On 5/26/2023 at 11:02 AM, eoyguy said:

... I doubt Trumpy cares, they released their Sherman and Panzer III even though Das Werk and Takom/Andy released theirs. I hope we see early war "Alte" versions of the 251 as well ...

I just got 2 of the 1/16 Heller Panzer III 4-in-1 kits ... I haven't as yet done a complete comparison with the Das Werk Panzer III ... but it's important to note that the Das Werk offering has the 2 versions of the Ausf.J only, whereas the Trumpeter has the options for both of those - as well as the Ausf.L and Ausf.M ... and these were announced long before the Das Werk kit broke cover ... We could really do with some more Panzer Crew figures in 1/16!

Rog :)