A thousand dollar build FINISHED (time to cash in)

Hardcore

A commission build you could say. Prodos Cheyenne dropship in resin. 

Tamiya red primer followed by light grey primer. I wasn't sure I had enough light gray so starting with red was an insurance. I had a vague idea of using the red in the weathering process. 

IMG_20230524_140107351_HDR received_258180713389969

Landing gear and floor elevator are magnetised so that my customer can use it as a prop in war gaming scenarios. 

received_6457943477560581

Edited by Hardcore

I have made a mistake, but it is not clear if there will be any consequences. 

After priming I decided my colourful white-red-black scheme needed a better base. So I bought a can of generic white hobby paint and covered the whole model. It wasn't until I painted the floor hatch I understood that the solvent is quite aggressive!I it made the red primer runny but I don't know if the grey primer was affected. They are both tamiya brand so there was reason to worry. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/198123981@N04/52927111394

IMG_20230526_134255073

Keeping cool I figured it would be alright if I just let the paint dry. 

IMG_20230526_134300018_HDR

Now there is a new worry: it said on the can the paint was "flat" but it's rather semi gloss. I have no idea of if Mission Models paint will stick to it... 

On 5/26/2023 at 6:52 AM, chrish said:

It looks great, love the subject matter too!

but mission models paint doesn’t stick to anything, don’t blame yourself if it flakes off:) 

I have found the same, but it does do better over the Mission Models primer.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:52 PM, chrish said:

It looks great, love the subject matter too!

but mission models paint doesn’t stick to anything, don’t blame yourself if it flakes off:) 

IMG_20230528_110458630

I will have to solve this problem with a varnish. 

Progress! 

IMG_20230528_132050860

Not your mama's dropship for sure. 

It is not visible from this angle but there are oversprays and paint bleed that I need fix before continuing. That done i will varnish the beast so that i don't need to worry about rubbing off paint. 

Edited by Hardcore

I am currently running low on supplies, so I make do with what I have instead of using the most optimal options available. One specific example is when I used a can of Army Painter spray varnish, which has a very flat finish. Unfortunately, it dries to an uneven texture, almost like a dusty surface. While it's not a complete disaster, it does mean that I will need to use micro mesh to polish it away before attempting to apply AK Interactive semi-gloss varnish. Nonetheless, I have begun applying decals, so at least I am making progress.

Edited by Hardcore