Well hmmm ...

MikeMaben

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

By the way, to put things into perspective, a Japanese company showed in Shizuoka its new tank models in ...1/32 scale!

Monogram had some 1/32 tanks in the past…

Maybe manufacturers could average the scales to 1/33.5 so everyone will be happy!?:hmmm:

Alain

4 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Do you think so?

I know large scale helicopters are always in 1/35, Hobbyboss offers the Fi-156, Bronco the V-1 & gliders for dio use, and now Border are offering the Fw-190, Ju-87, Bf-190 & Kate. 

It seems only Border are making a committed attempt at 1/35 fixed-wing aircraft (after the 1/32 Lanc), and their roll-out is fairly slow, and I can't see any other manufacturers moving into 1/35 fixed wing, or am I missing something?

Okeydocky

rgrds

jon

2 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Monogram had some 1/32 tanks in the past…

Maybe manufacturers could average the scales to 1/33.5 so everyone will be happy!?:hmmm:

Alain

Monogram and Airfix. It wasn't until Tamiya that everyone started going 1/35th (including Monogram, who started labeling their 1/32nd items 1/35th!).

What would really set things off if Border or someone else would come out with a Val and a Zero[A6M2] in 1/35th scale ! Oh and also a Jake, that would at the very least take care of the Pearl Harbor line up[ I'd be happy as all git out over that!]. I have a separate shelf or 2 just for 1/35 stuff to kind of keep things separated.

On 5/25/2023 at 7:16 AM, Borsos said:

I‘ll definitely buy one. I‘ll also buy an infinity one. I always wanted to try out putting a torpedo plane over a water surface, having just dropped its torpedo. 
Yes, at model shows, I’ll add a plate of sweets for those who should spontaneously start to cry because it’s only 1:35 scale… :D

Andreas

Aren't you the king of 1/144?

8 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I have a separate shelf or 2 just for 1/35 stuff to kind of keep things separated.

Exactly what I do CRAZY!..I put the same scale on its own shelf, although, I'm running out of room, so will have to decide what to do with a few, cull them or relocate to a plastic storage bin in the back shed.

Jeff.

On 5/25/2023 at 5:48 AM, MikeMaben said:

No offense Tony , but that's a bit oxymoronic. If it's nondescript, it can't be negative.

I posted it as I wondered what the reactions would be, though I knew they'd be all over the map...

No offence meant Mike, but I had to go into the thread to find out what it was about. The heading was neutral.

On seeing the subject's scale, "hmmm" then assumed a negative note. 

I quite like the look of the kit, so thanks for posting,

Tony 

8 hours ago, Borsos said:

Uh, not as far as I know… must be someone else.

I'm sorry...   I must have confused you with the Borsos over at WW1aircraftmodels.com

41 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

I'm sorry...   I must have confused you with the Borsos over at WW1aircraftmodels.com

Ondra, I think you mean Ondra. Haven’t heard from him for a while at ww1aircraftmodels, but he actually builds 1:144 scale and does wonders there.

• 3 weeks later...