Archer to resume under new management

Woody V

• 4 months later...

A few moments ago I purchased some rivet sets and I want to thank Woody and the current Archer Fine Transfer team for keeping the product line going. 

I'm very happy to have access to products that had become scarce, just when I wanted them for my 1/24 Bf 109E.

Many thanks,

Greg 

4 hours ago, Mark_C said:

What a shame they're having difficulties.  I hope it goes well for them.  Woody's products are too good to lose.

Agreed. And I know first hand how hard it is to get something like that off the ground.....even for a "side hustle".

18 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Is life that complicated not having a row of rivet decals today, tomorrow or next week?

It is when you have big plans, little resources and no knowledge of the market. It's complicated so be nice.

In the meantime the entire store is open and filling orders through the website, archertrasfers.com.

hello woody and fellow modellers

I am currently building Border 1/32 Lancaster and there are a few panels with missing or very light rivits

I have used the 1/32 scale Archer rivits on the undercarriage covers which worked well, but there are also missing rivits on the fuselage top panel. The existing rivits that I want to keep are approx 0.2mm

The 1/32 rivits are much bigger and would look out of scale compared to the surrounding rivits.

Does anyone know the approx diameter of the 1/48 or 1/72 scale rivits?

PVPzlxg.jpg

7To1Ecm_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

On 10/11/2023 at 7:58 PM, LSP_Ray said:

How much of the catalog do they plan to offer? I know it's extensive, I have hundreds of items myself! Do they have much in the way of stock?

Everything. New products are also in the works.
Anything you'd like to see them offer?

On 10/12/2023 at 12:35 AM, Robthepom said:

Does anyone know the approx diameter of the 1/48 or 1/72 scale rivits?

Hey Rob.

Yea, this gets tricky for several reasons. Rivet sizes on aircraft vary and the rivets represented on kits are seldom correctly represented.

The 1/48 rivets are .23mm

The 1/72 rivets are .15mm

All of the aircraft products are HERE.

Unfortunately, and completely my fault, not all the scale specific indicate the diameter. Any rivet set designated for any scale are all the same diameter. 

Of all the pictures customers have sent me, this 1/72 Lanc takes to prize. 

I thought you'd find this interesting.
170841718.jpg

170841719.jpg

Edited by Woody V

9 hours ago, Woody V said:

Everything. New products are also in the works.
Anything you'd like to see them offer?

Nothing I can think right now. I have all your rivet sets and literally hundreds of your AFV and figure sets. Have some of your early, early aircraft stuff, too.

I was curious for future needs. Glad to hear they are planning on new stuff, too.