Hello everyone!

Back with another project and first for 2023.

This time I will be tackling Hasegawa's 1/32 scale kit of the P-47D Thunderbolt, bubbletop version, and will depict Glenn T. Eagleston's aircraft.

I will also be using the following aftermarket sets:

• Avionix resin cockpit
  • Quickboost resin engine
  • Eduard resin wheels

I'm aware of the kit's misalignment issues around the cowling and Rick Kranias kindly pointed me to his detailed post on how to fix this.

Quickboost provides a separate mounting for the engine which requires some surgery on the kit.

Has anyone used this set and, if yes, did it it fix the issue?

Hasegawa's kits are known for their good quality and accurately shaped moldings and are usually sold at a reasonable cost by keeping some details simple such as the surface details. So, that's how I decided to start the project. By riveting the whole airframe with the help of a Rosie the Riveter wheel. The riveting pattern is by no means an exact replica of the real thing but rather it follows the general plan with the aim to make the whole fuselage look more busy.

3YS9ak.jpg

3LCB54.jpg

yCfNge.jpg

VzHvsU.jpg

ufJQak.jpg

HGzv92.jpg

i7Mmf6.jpg

JDjUrx.jpg

fRq4Mc.jpg

iHhtoU.jpg

xXRVn3.jpg

bzmUfQ.jpg

xLwZri.jpg

TAXxIR.jpg

Edited by spyrosjzmichos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Apologies for not being very responsive this time.

Unfortunately, life caught up with us, dealing with our son's protracted illness on one side and moving to a new place on the other.

Scale modeling is the one thing that's keeping me sane at the moment so was able to make some progress with what limited free time I had.

Using a number of reference pics I proceeded to detail the wheel wells with a combination of lead wire and flexible vinyl thread. 

The undercarriage legs were also detailed in a similar manner.

I also took the opportunity to test fit Eduard's resin wheels which are beautifully detailed and only required a slight enlargement of the hole insert.

QvvgjO.jpg

Fll0SX.jpg

kK9hXj.jpg

JberTu.jpg

OEgHiu.jpg

FVKouv.jpg

CVFXho.jpg

Hope you guys like it! :lol: