Andy reviews's HK Models 1/32 Havoc

LSP_Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Wow looks like HK have progressed on everything. The stressed skin , the decals , and best of all the instructions!  Im not really a huge fan of the Havoc , but after seeing the pics i think i need one!   I cant comment or care about accuracy though. Nice to see nose weights.

2 hours ago, Grunticus said:

Impressive! Just a slight niggle. Well technically it could be correct, it does have two props. Easy fix with some paint.

elq9mKR.jpg

Oh my goodness! Completely unbuildable! Good catch ,I wouldn't have seen that[eyes ain't what they used to be] You're right a little careful touch up action and problem solved.

On 5/25/2023 at 5:50 PM, Grunticus said:

Impressive! Just a slight niggle. Well technically it could be correct, it does have two props. Easy fix with some paint.

elq9mKR.jpg

Sorry for this error, will be corrected in the future editions. On the other hand, you get complete prop data blocks which seem to be a rare thing in available A-20 kit and aftermarket decals .

Edited by barkhorn

1 hour ago, barkhorn said:

Sorry for this error, will be corrected in the future editions. On the other hand, you get complete prop data blocks which seem to be a rare thing in available A-20 kit and aftermarket decals .

If you're going to make a mistake, chose the decals - most people will be using AM decals anyway!

About all I can see this kit needing is a more accurate nose wheel, as the one on the Rod Lewis example that was poured over to make this kit possible is not appropriate for wartime birds. However, Armory makes several sets of Havoc wheels in 1/72 and 1/48, so I imagine they will scale them  up as well. Here's to hoping that Kitsworld and Foxbot scale up their 1/48 decals as well, and Xtradecal comes out with some more sheets!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA