RedBull Mitchell......

Jack

Hi all, maybe this question has already been asked before, but are there any 1/32 scale RedBull decal sheets, specificially for a certain aircraft, or a collection loose decals to be applied on a RB subject? Was thinking about the Mitchell.........

HTH

cheers,

Jack.

Jack-

Your best bet for something as unique as the Red Bull B-25 would be Draw Decals. They currently do not have it in their lineup, but they often release civilian warbird decals (they have a very large range!). If you drop them a line, they may be willing to add the scheme to their stable.

www.drawdecal.com

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Quite a few years ago I approached Red Bull to see if I could do decal sheets using the Red Bull logo, obviously it would be a commercial sheet, although I would not make much money as most know. I got quite a rude and very pointed letter back from them, stating any breach of their copyright on a commercial basis would be challenged, well that soon stopped my ideas. I understand in one way, but for some small guy like me to run 100-200 decals and then getting caught up in a law suite is not my idea of fun. However there is very little that could be done if you did something for your own purposes. 

Yeah, with all the clear spacing in the main logo, and with only 2 basic colors Id just run in through a Silhouette type machine and you could probably have that knocked out in a short time.   I cant really see anything other than the RB lettering and the bull itself to complicate the scheme.

30 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Here's a .gif file. I couldn't post an .svg file here so you could import this to silhouette studio

and cut it from there. It took me about 12 minutes, it's not for sale by me.

Xqx1CEa.gif

It's outlined in white.

That's just too cool.

13 hours ago, Ali62 said:

I got quite a rude and very pointed letter back from them, stating any breach of their copyright on a commercial basis would be challenged

That's standard stuff. They just want you to feel intimidated. Same happened to me.

1 hour ago, Woody V said:

That's standard stuff. They just want you to feel intimidated. Same happened to me.

I agree but do you want to take the chance of spending money developing products and then get at best a letter to say withdraw the product or face a lawsuit? 

The good thing is that for this immediate requirement for a Red Bull logo has been resolved, well done guys.

2 hours ago, Ali62 said:

I agree but do you want to take the chance of spending money developing products and then get at best a letter to say withdraw the product or face a lawsuit?

Of course not. I was referring to the tenor of their response.

18 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Quite a few years ago I approached Red Bull to see if I could do decal sheets using the Red Bull logo, obviously it would be a commercial sheet, although I would not make much money as most know. I got quite a rude and very pointed letter back from them, stating any breach of their copyright on a commercial basis would be challenged, well that soon stopped my ideas. I understand in one way, but for some small guy like me to run 100-200 decals and then getting caught up in a law suite is not my idea of fun. However there is very little that could be done if you did something for your own purposes. 

We’re you offering them a royalty from each sale?  Some companies don’t seem to understand advertisements that they will actually make free money from unless it just complicates things and is not worth it. 

I had a friend years ago that was an attorney for Jack Roush Racing. He had two jobs.  Protect the brand logo of Roush and NASCAR and negotiate drivers and team salaries.  I learned a lot of legal stuff about brand protection and how it carries over into our models over a few scotches.   If a brand doesn’t protect its copyright, they can lose it. Plain and simple.  The royalties they might have earned from your decal sheets probably wouldn’t even cover the costs of having their attorneys read the contract. Unless you could sell them for $100’s per sheet. We know that ain’t happening. 

Hell, I even did a front cover photograph for an RC modeler magazine once.  Took the magazine and my original photo across the street to Kinkos to get a few color copies made.  Nope.  Copyrighted. Had to get a letter of permission from the editor/owner to get copies made.  

I remember years ago when I flew RC, Balsa USA introduced their 1/3 Stearman kit.  This was about the time the Red Baron Pizza Stearman were traveling the country promoting their really bad tasting pizzas.  A few cottage industry guys were putting out stencils and decals for the Red Baron brand and were promptly shut down.  
When the two Stearmans collided and crashed, Red Baron pulled the plug all together and completely distanced themselves from that promotion. Instead of honoring the death of the pilots, they went in a completely opposite direction.   

I can only imagine if someone ever came out with a Super Stearman conversion for the 1/32 kits on the market, there would be no way to ever get the Red Baron decals.  I have seen workarounds though.  The TWA rocket ship model that was at Disney back in the ‘60’s comes with decals that say something else. You just cut the letters T, W and A out and use them.  This is why some even copyright the fonts they use. 

11 hours ago, Ali62 said:

The good thing is that for this immediate requirement for a Red Bull logo has been resolved, well done guys.

The original owner has died since then,don't know who owns the rights now

There are these guys from Argentina,make BO-105 Red Bull decals,guess the bull logo is the same size

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=683541700443871&set=pb.100063641407481.-2207520000.&type=3

red-bull.jpg

Edited by iaf-man

21 hours ago, Woody V said:

If they ignored the use, even the smallest, least profitable, it would be precedent setting.

That would shoot holes in any future lawsuits. I am not a lawyer but I play one on the internet.

e13I4iM.gif