PZL P.11 prototype V Paris 1934 scale 1/32

Hi everyone :)

I wanted to present you my latest model, which shows a miniature of the PZL P.11 prototype no. V. This aircraft was presented in 1934 during the 14th International Air Show in Paris. I built it on the basis of a 1/32 scale PZL P11c aircraft model kit by IBG, or two such kits in fact. This was due to the fact that there are quite a lot of differences between the prototype and the serial P11c aircraft, despite the fact that both aircraft have the same marking painted on the vertical stabilizer. All these nuances, it would seem, are quite important and together with the occasional silver-red painting, they make this plane stand out from all the other PZL P.11c. These differences were meticulously picked out from the analysis of archival photos and documents and I decided to show them all so that the final effect was as close as possible to the appearance of the prototype. Below is a list of these differences, although it cannot be ruled out that this is only part of them and perhaps in the future it will be possible to expand it.

- The horizontal stabilizer had elevators with a larger area and a different shape.

- Chassis with aero fairings and Dunlop low pressure wheels.

- Elevator trim tabs of a rectangular shape with an external drive.

- Longer recess for the barrels of hull rifles, extending to the firewall.

- Different division of plating elements in the truss part of the hull.

- Larger side panels for access to hull armament.

- Different layout and form of the entrance steps to the cockpit.

- Hull hand grips in the form of openings with flaps at the height of the windshield.

- Higher windshield without rear view mirror.

- Another form of upholstery of the periphery of the pilot's cabin.

- Covering with corrugated sheet additional panels on the upper surface of the wings near the fuselage.

- Different location of the Venturi nozzle on the hull.

- No longitudinal ventilation holes in the engine crankcase cover.

- No ventilation holes, so-called. "gills", in the fuselage behind the engine in front of the firewall.

- No radio station.

- Missing access panel to the radio station in the semi-monocoque part of the fuselage.

- No antenna installation on the fuselage and wings.

- No generator drive cover on the right side of the hull behind the engine.

- Missing one of the rudder drive inspection holes in the rear fuselage.

- No bomb launchers under the wings.

- No bomb release lever in the cockpit.

During the conversion, I made a lot of components from scratch and used a lot of commercial add-ons (Archer, Bitskrieg, Master, Yahu, Part and Edurad). I put a lot of work into reducing the thickness of the trailing edges in the lifting and steering surfaces of the model. From scratch I made an imitation of the entire riveting on the fuselage and partly on the wings and stabilizers. A different layout of the prototype's hull panels required re-creating most of the dividing lines. I also made an imitation of small deflections on the fuselage and wings simulating deformations on the skin as a result of technological and utility processes. For the purposes of the presentation, I made a small base inspired by archival photos from the exhibition in Paris.

b11ef8d7acc1ad02.jpg

d192089bff4a50a6.jpg

And the model looks like this:

f20f111601694375.jpg

702345c90aec6dae.jpg

289270bcd8dceb81.jpg

8a5a2e5c4c7707a8.jpg

dd1f02075642cc4e.jpg

367e4e0cd30af459.jpg

87f1d1b6f7c9b263.jpg

fe33bfa07fa4953b.jpg

bfcf0adbf3c7456f.jpg

c29132d3063f0c33.jpg

8bc207e411153c35.jpg

14b84c8a1bbb9a8c.jpg

159f3c5499cb6a71.jpg

d52a8c49eb6166a6.jpg

9a8bb5be2d898981.jpg

15a49d342ab68bf5.jpg

f7d48674e5043f19.jpg

89a0569bbc50b7e7.jpg

3faeac2d7ee004e7.jpg

a2cc50a02d745891.jpg

2691388fa0ac72e8.jpg

The model premiered last weekend at the modeling championships in Bytom. He received the first place in his category and the prestigious "Black Diamond".

e34298aec7125d22.jpg

Now a small collection has been created

fcdce43d2a916de2.jpg

Best regards, Marcin :-)

On 3/28/2023 at 4:51 AM, Marcin_Matejko said:

Hi everyone :)

I wanted to present you my latest model, which shows a miniature of the PZL P.11 prototype no. V. This aircraft was presented in 1934 during the 14th International Air Show in Paris. I built it on the basis of a 1/32 scale PZL P11c aircraft model kit by IBG, or two such kits in fact. This was due to the fact that there are quite a lot of differences between the prototype and the serial P11c aircraft, despite the fact that both aircraft have the same marking painted on the vertical stabilizer. All these nuances, it would seem, are quite important and together with the occasional silver-red painting, they make this plane stand out from all the other PZL P.11c. These differences were meticulously picked out from the analysis of archival photos and documents and I decided to show them all so that the final effect was as close as possible to the appearance of the prototype. Below is a list of these differences, although it cannot be ruled out that this is only part of them and perhaps in the future it will be possible to expand it.

- The horizontal stabilizer had elevators with a larger area and a different shape.

- Chassis with aero fairings and Dunlop low pressure wheels.

- Elevator trim tabs of a rectangular shape with an external drive.

- Longer recess for the barrels of hull rifles, extending to the firewall.

- Different division of plating elements in the truss part of the hull.

- Larger side panels for access to hull armament.

- Different layout and form of the entrance steps to the cockpit.

- Hull hand grips in the form of openings with flaps at the height of the windshield.

- Higher windshield without rear view mirror.

- Another form of upholstery of the periphery of the pilot's cabin.

- Covering with corrugated sheet additional panels on the upper surface of the wings near the fuselage.

- Different location of the Venturi nozzle on the hull.

- No longitudinal ventilation holes in the engine crankcase cover.

- No ventilation holes, so-called. "gills", in the fuselage behind the engine in front of the firewall.

- No radio station.

- Missing access panel to the radio station in the semi-monocoque part of the fuselage.

- No antenna installation on the fuselage and wings.

- No generator drive cover on the right side of the hull behind the engine.

- Missing one of the rudder drive inspection holes in the rear fuselage.

- No bomb launchers under the wings.

- No bomb release lever in the cockpit.

During the conversion, I made a lot of components from scratch and used a lot of commercial add-ons (Archer, Bitskrieg, Master, Yahu, Part and Edurad). I put a lot of work into reducing the thickness of the trailing edges in the lifting and steering surfaces of the model. From scratch I made an imitation of the entire riveting on the fuselage and partly on the wings and stabilizers. A different layout of the prototype's hull panels required re-creating most of the dividing lines. I also made an imitation of small deflections on the fuselage and wings simulating deformations on the skin as a result of technological and utility processes. For the purposes of the presentation, I made a small base inspired by archival photos from the exhibition in Paris.

And the model looks like this:

The model premiered last weekend at the modeling championships in Bytom. He received the first place in his category and the prestigious "Black Diamond".

Now a small collection has been created

Best regards, Marcin :-)

Amazing!

Though it looks like your collection is missing a camo one!:P

May I post it on the website?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

• 2 weeks later...