1/32 F-16D VISTA (X-62 Testbed)

Zola25

2 hours ago, AnthonyWan said:

The 1/48 and 1/72 versions come with 3D printed parts for the conversion but unfortunately the 1/32 does not... 

The only real way to get at this in 1/32 is to get the Academy F-16I SUFA kit and that will have most parts you need (or the conversion parts that are included in the 1/48 and 1/72 sets from what I can read). The spine will have to be sanded  and altered from the SUFA kit but it looks doable. The VISTA also has some mounts forward of the airbrakes which are the mounting points for the spin recovery frame and it has some additional air data probes mounted on the front of the aircraft.

I have just ordered the decal set and I think I will move it to the front of my build queue.. Might start it right after my F-4EJ Kai is complete..

/Niels

44 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

I’m still waiting on DN masks to knock this set out in 1/32….

Image courtesy of JetPhotos.

That one was at the Danish Airshow last summer and I got to get up real close to it take some pictures.  The Belgian Airforce brough both this and the Dream Viper (pictured below)

Meet The “Dream Viper,” The New Special Painted F-16AM Belonging To The  Belgian Air Force F-16 Solo Display Team The Aviation Geek Club |  icbritanico.edu.ar