helo expected.......

Jack

Oh goodie goodie, a "TARHE" will land at my doorstep next monday, can't wait to get my hands going over every part, and i know i'm a very very slow builder, but this one is special, so i'll have to get my rear in motion and start constructing this beast.......

4 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

Do be sure to show everybody here how you get on. It looks a stunning kit. 

Hi Pete, ....you apparently don't know me, but although being a "life long LSP member" i haven't been productive in a long time, but this helo has some special interest to me, so i'll try to be "of service" so to speak.........

Well, it landed alright, expected the box bigger than it is, but ICM did a peculiar way of packing the parts.

You have your boxtop, known already by several publications, so i took it out of its delivery box.....it was taped "the revell way" by tape around the bottom end of the box.....at least that is what i expected, but when removing the tape positions, it turned out that the box cover was just that, a cover, and the bottom end was one of two small boxes making the bottom box also the "bottom" of the whole box presentation.

Anyhow, one box has the most parts of the cockpit area/engine parts etc, and the second part covers mainly the impressive rotor system and blades.

Pictures to follow........

But i already know (at least to me) the impressive rotor and detailing parts that make up this kit do not need any AM parts to have it look even better than it is, maybe a cockpit IP or 3D instrumentation would indeed enhance its appearance........

Got mine about a week ago. It’s big.  I’ll be curious to learn what you think of the mating surfaces.  Seems to me they lack the beef you’d expect in a kit this big with joints this long.  There is a pretty nifty internal structure that helps with alignment and such, so maybe ICM worked it out for us.  We’ll see.    I don’t think it would be a tail sitter, but I may add a little weight to the nose anyway - plenty of room for it.  I wish somebody made decent crew figures for it…..

4 hours ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Got mine about a week ago. It’s big.  I’ll be curious to learn what you think of the mating surfaces.  Seems to me they lack the beef you’d expect in a kit this big with joints this long.  There is a pretty nifty internal structure that helps with alignment and such, so maybe ICM worked it out for us.  We’ll see.    I don’t think it would be a tail sitter, but I may add a little weight to the nose anyway - plenty of room for it.  I wish somebody made decent crew figures for it…..

From the ICM catalog:

WoLBtZY.jpg

Glad to bring the good news!

Cheers,  Tom

well you can hang anything under its fuselage, considering it's 35 scale, but that shouldn't be any problem, does it..................................:coolio: