Best glue for resin?

Now that I have talked myself into a Jetmads Viggen, I wanted to know if there is a fan favorite resin glue? For the small amounts of resin I have used in the past (cockpits, wheel wells, etc.) I have used regular CA glue (usually Zap-A-Gap and its accelerator solution). But you more-experienced resin kit builders might have a better solution (literally).

CA glue for small parts and two components epoxy glue for large parts. If you intend to assemble more than a single resin kit get at least two different ones of each (with quick and slow setting times)! Believe me, you will thank that last advice!

For transparent resin parts you can also use UV glue if you need a long setting time.

CA can be fine, but can also get brittle over time, and I simply wouldn't trust it for larger structural joins. Perfectly fine for everything else, though. For larger structural joins, I'd be inclined to use some flavour of epoxy glue - anything from the household variety (the likes of Araldite here in Australia) to industrial strength monsters like JB Weld should work. HpH even sells an epoxy glue that it markets specifically for the purposes of gluing resin kits together.

Kev

My favorite epoxy was Devcon it comes in various speeds but it had a good positive feel about it.

Again I'll fly the flag for Krylex super glue it's a good industrial glue but it sands like resin and blends in really well, it's my best find since Mr Surfacer (over 20 years ago)

Bob

On 3/24/2023 at 7:48 PM, Bob MDC said:

Again I'll fly the flag for Krylex super glue it's a good industrial glue but it sands like resin and blends in really well, it's my best find since Mr Surfacer (over 20 years ago).

And who sells it in quantities that make sense for us and not tankcar-fulls?