Got the news? A new Mig-15bis in 1:35 from Eduard

dutik

Well, the latest number of the german modelling magazin "Modellfan", renown for his "Model of the year" award, features a nice typo right at the front page:

"New Mig-15bis Fagot in 1:35 from eduard"  :thumbsup:

Upper left corner. :oops:

Calm down - this is not another venture into 1:35 scale aircraft modelling :D

The article inside has it right: It's a 1/72 scale Mig-15bis. Everything is fine ;)

Enjoy!

- dutik

7 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Shouldn’t the thread title be changed?.  People are going to looking at this thread based on the title expecting a new big scale MiG and going to be immensely disappointed when it says it’s really in 1/72, as noted in the OP.  Right now it’s pure clickbait.

I'd have to agree, Dave.

It's just funny to discover such a blunder on the frontpage of a modelling magazine. Happens not too often and has to be shared :D

And my first thought seeing the magazine was: Oh, wait, Eduard joined the 35scale aircraft club too...? :hmmm::D

Regards

- dutik

I agree, I can´t imagine Eduard do any aircraft in 1/35, I firmly believe they will stick to 1/32 for big scale tough IF they do a large scale aircraft.

Eduard have not closed the door for future big scale aircraft according to one of their newsletters, but when or what nobody knows.

I´m hoping for a new MiG-15/19 or a MiG-21F-13/MF in 1/32, one can dream, eh.

Stefan  :beer:

On 3/25/2023 at 7:39 AM, Phantom2 said:

Eduard do have a 1/48th MiG-15 family planned and a MiG-21F/UM too.

A big scale Mig, probably not.

This winter or early next year.

Read it in the Eduard Newsletter, cant´t remember which, though.

Stefan :beer:

I've already got the MiG-21F-13 pencilled into my annual budget for late this year, and hope to see the UM in this life.

Currently (still) working on both a 1/32 Trumpeter MiG-21F-13 and -15UTI Midget (latter a kit-bash of the FT-5 and Fagot kits), but would love new tool IM plastic 1/32 Cold War Fishbeds from some stylish entrepreneur. Maybe ICM in happier years to come: the boxings could be endless.  

For now, the 1/48 Eduard offerings are great kits. With the profipack editions you get everything in the box for less than the price of a good bottle of single malt. I keep buying them as they're just so good.

Tony