Lemkits 1/32 Ruhrstahl SD 1400 X ( Fritz-X ) Anti-ship guided glide bomb – Limited edition resin kit - On sale

upor

Greetings ,
Spring has come and I'm coming out of hibernation))).
As usual, between the releases of large sets of models, I release a small set. This time it is another, probably the most famous type of the German "Wunderwaffe", the Ruhrstahl SD 1400 X guided glide bomb (the more common name is Fritz-X) in 1:32.
In fact, this is the first weapon of this type that was successfully used in combat conditions and the battleship Roma became a victim.
After the war, a number of such products fell into the hands of the allies on both sides.
And today, in principle, we can say that modern JDAM-type ammunition continues the concept laid down in the distant 30s. After all, initially it was an ordinary free-falling (gravitational) bomb PC 1400.IMG_20230310_124712.jpg
IMG_20230310_124749.jpgIMG_20230310_134159.jpgIMG_20230310_134428.jpgIMG_20230310_134438.jpgIMG_20230310_134452.jpgIMG_20230310_134458.jpg

Nice. There is another kit from MPM Hobbies in US, which I have been looking at for a while, but s&h plus VAT adds to much to the final sum (or even more, depends on actually offered shipping options) WITHOUT a cart. Not to mention that our ucrainian fellows need some money much more than the US. Order placed.

BTW, if someone is looking for a gaudy painting scheme or just an image of the real thing:

imgp12919ik99.jpg

This is the one at Praha-Kbely Air Force museum.

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

Some more photos of the real deal:

img_4946iueiq.jpg

img_49476xew8.jpg

Check the differences to the Praha bomb: The square parts at the wing tips, the painted over "hinges" at the rudders/elevators, the "no touch" markings at the tail nd the yellow strip marking for the used explosive. Photos from the swdish robot museum, aka the collection of guided weapons in a very remote swedish small town named Arboga.

A little bit different: a HS 239 warhed.  Two holes on top and an overall cylindrical shape, compared to the ogival shape of the Fritz SD-1400. The inscription is right, the illustration misleading:

img_5108c9ikp.jpg

This one is just 20 minutes by car away from my home.

Enjoy!

- dutik

Edited by dutik

8 hours ago, dutik said:

Some more photos of the real deal:

And the warhed itself:

img_5108c9ikp.jpg

This one is just 20 minutes by car away from my home.

Enjoy!

- dutik

it looks more like a SC500-HS293 warhead. Fritz is made on the basis of PC1400qqq.jpg

2 hours ago, upor said:

it looks more like a SC500-HS293 warhead. Fritz is made on the basis of PC1400qqq.jpg

You are right. The inscription on the plate got it right, but the illustration is of the wrong bomb.

Regards

- dutik

20 hours ago, dutik said:

but the illustration is of the wrong bomb.

a familiar story))), a little to the east of us, graphic designers like to take a high-quality photo of a Wehrmacht soldier, wrap it in a propaganda slogan)) ... but we know that))

On 3/11/2023 at 10:25 PM, Scotsman said:

Nice  kit , now anyone got a 1/32 Do-217 to park it next to?  - oh and a 1/32 HMS Warspite would be nice as well!

You did get me thinking though... like a forced-perspective setup with the Fritz-X in front and the Italeri 1/72 Do217K in-flight up and above...