Jump to content

Zoukei Mura Fw-190 A-4, reservations starting April 29th


Jan_G

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Here is a Flugwerke 190 under construction...  and not yet painted.  Looks pretty clean...    rivets don't jump out at ya.

1c1SdA.jpg

 

But then you see pics like this:

V7YaRv.jpg

 

The problem is that service life changes the surface of an aircraft.  Smooth surfaces become dimpled, wrinkled, dented, or oil-canned...and sometimes they don't.  New facets develop. reflecting light differently from the rest of the same panel.  Sometimes visual artifacts collect around the rivet head.  Whether it be dirt, oil, smoke stains, or something else.  Or, you can see the scuffs made by a buffing wheel...

 

So, there is a case for rivets.  And a case for no-rivets.  And even a case for some rivets in selected areas.  What do you want your plane to look like?

 

 

 

You make a fine point kind sir. Speaking for myself and only myself , the juice isn't worth the squeeze but that's me. If they were able to somehow make them look like really small circles then I'd be down wit dat, personally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been in aviation my entire life.  Flew them in the USA Army Guard, Worked on them.  Managed them in major overhaul with a major USA airline and then leased new commercial aircraft for twenty years, globally.   The obsession with rivet display in 1:32 is beyond words.   However, I do like it!  Go figure.   Personal choice obviously, but you'll never see them (flush drilled counter sinked rivet) a foot away.   Please carry on and rivet to your hearts desire.   Love all the efforts.   

 

Kind regards,

Troy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2023 at 10:19 AM, Gazzas said:

Here is a Flugwerke 190 under construction...  and not yet painted.  Looks pretty clean...    rivets don't jump out at ya.

1c1SdA.jpg

 

But then you see pics like this:

V7YaRv.jpg

 

The problem is that service life changes the surface of an aircraft.  Smooth surfaces become dimpled, wrinkled, dented, or oil-canned...and sometimes they don't.  New facets develop. reflecting light differently from the rest of the same panel.  Sometimes visual artifacts collect around the rivet head.  Whether it be dirt, oil, smoke stains, or something else.  Or, you can see the scuffs made by a buffing wheel...

 

So, there is a case for rivets.  And a case for no-rivets.  And even a case for some rivets in selected areas.  What do you want your plane to look like?

 

 

 

Also the old black and white photos and editing accentuates light and dark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2023 at 3:47 PM, Jan_G said:

more info about the release posted on ZM website

https://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/products/sws21_fw190_a-4.html

 

price for preorder 12k JPN before tax via Volks Japan, which turns into 13 200 JPN with tax, so roughly 90-95€

delivery summer-fall 2023

 

  • Decal No.1
    Fw 190 A-4, 9./JG2, “Yellow4”, W.Nr.140746, flown by Hptm. Siegfried Schnell, France, Jan. 1943
  • Decal No.2
    Fw 190 A-4, Stab.I /JG54, “Chevron - Double Bar”, Russia, Feb.1943

 

main01.jpg

photo02.jpg

photo03.jpg

 

 

 

 

I’d like to see these markings in ‘basic’

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NoBody had noticed about the bigs gaps lines un the cowling panels?

 

I hace built 2 revells 190 and even them had no so bigs gaps in the cowling panels

 

I thought about buy one, buy I think ZM want to show the plane whit open cowling panels

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2023 at 8:46 PM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

You make a fine point kind sir. Speaking for myself and only myself , the juice isn't worth the squeeze but that's me. If they were able to somehow make them look like really small circles then I'd be down wit dat, personally.

Which is why I prefer using a beading tool for riveting. It makes really small circles, not square holes. Pretty subtle as well. The "squeeze" is only about 3 hours or so on a 109 for me(no wing undersides)at this point so it's worth it to me as I like the effect. Never built a 190 but have been thinking about it for years. Maybe this will be the one. In 1/32 I like doing my own rivets so this kit is a possibility. Definitely interested in the D9 when that happens.

 

Jay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tucohoward said:

Which is why I prefer using a beading tool for riveting. It makes really small circles, not square holes. Pretty subtle as well. The "squeeze" is only about 3 hours or so on a 109 for me(no wing undersides)at this point so it's worth it to me as I like the effect. Never built a 190 but have been thinking about it for years. Maybe this will be the one. In 1/32 I like doing my own rivets so this kit is a possibility. Definitely interested in the D9 when that happens.

 

Jay

So where can you get a beading tool , I may want to try one out and see if I like it? I've also have never built a 190 either I MIGHT try this one or the Border one [ I don't care about no stinkin' scale] we'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

So where can you get a beading tool , I may want to try one out and see if I like it? I've also have never built a 190 either I MIGHT try this one or the Border one [ I don't care about no stinkin' scale] we'll see.

 

Here's the one that UMM-USA carries, but there are others out there (and probably cheaper, too):

 

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?products_id=1322

 

FWIW, this is the one I have.

 

Kev

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2023 at 7:26 PM, nmayhew said:

Looks good.

 

Interesting that it’s only pre-order directly from them and then (supposedly) that’s it?

 

a lot of people (in Europe, esp UK) will not order direct because of import taxes etc so they are doing themselves out of a fair few sales I reckon

 

i’ll see whether Mike Jolly / Model Kits For Less Facebook group are doing a group purchase…

 

thanks for posting the link and the pics 

Nick

 

This ad on the ZM web page seems to read exactly like the Eric Hartmann Bf.109G-14/U4 release ...

It's a limited release - of this particular boxing with the resin figure ... Though only done by pre-order - It doesn't appear to give a limit on who can pre-order it ...

And I'll be assuming that, like the Eric Hartmann special edition, my LHS can preorder a batch for delivery to them? ...

I will, of course ... check with Max at Metro Hobbies in Melbourne to be sure ... but we do know that there is the deliberate intension by ZM not to reproduce SWS-18 in the future. If you want a Bf.109G-14 ... the only option, moving forward, will be SWS-20.

 

Rog :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Volks USA has the G-6 on pre-order after the Japan pre-order started.  If I am going to pre-order one I will wait and see until the USA outlet advertises it.  I am considering but waiting until i can see something from their U.S. outlet.  Also the G-6 was sold at a great price at a hobby show I was at, so I might just wait period.  I am inclined toward buying one as the FW-190 is my favorite German aircraft.

Edited by cbk57
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Paul2660 said:

Preorder window is open now on the main ZM Japan site, (Via volksjapan).  12000 jpy (89.00) US.  Not sure if VolksUSA is going to have a pre order option, and have emailed them with that question.  

 

Paul 

 

If you don:t know already Volks USA anounced yesterday or the day before that the pre order starts on the 29th.  It was on facebook.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...