1/72 Hasegawa P-3C

Jim Barry

I have like 9 builds in progress, which is crazy, but I seem to tending the garden ok, pruning and picking away at the trees. The Orion however has been begging for attention “Finish me!” so while some paint is on order for the Phantom, I’ll give it some love. tp9slV.jpg

Rod, That’s great. I’d like to do VP-10 Lancers, because a good friend (Capt. JB Hollyer (Pilot) flew with them in the 80s. He went on to Pax River Testing programs (like the Maverick missile). But….I think I’d have hunt some decals. (Or make ‘em). I might just do the box decals, we’ll see. 

12 hours ago, chrish said:

Yours is going a lot better than mine!

Dude! You you have my utmost respect. It’s just SO MUCH aircraft. I’m nearing decal stage now. Yippee! (Note wildcat in Late ww2 ASW role). Going to Brunswick now to visit static display P-3C there. It has a credible repaint but it’s missing a lot of details. Neptune there too. It’s really hurting. OhPxuS.jpg

Edited by Jim Barry

Yeah the c-130 guys and the P-3 guys always say it's the other plane with the engine upside down! I have  many 80's teenager memories watching them fly overhead in early evening on their landing approaches, lights flaring, flaps down returning from who knows what Cold War mission they were on tracking Soviet Yankee and Delta SSBNs off the Atlantic seaboard. Scary days.  (I do not think the Typhoon class did patrols on the East coast) and now even those monsters are all gone. 

Delta IV Below

NC52fK.jpg

Edited by Jim Barry