TAKOM 1/35 AH-64D APACHE Longbow (update: main paint work done)

oppenheimer

Hello all, i know this forum is not a big fan of helicopters as i am :D

I decided to post some pictures of this model that is a crisp representation of the Apache, great detail and lots of positive rivets as the real machine

Started with the cockpit as usual i replaced all the buttons from the original plastic with ANYZ 3D printed switches and knobs,and data decals from ANYZ also, it really comes to life this black cockpit

_MG_8815-Edit.jpg

_MG_8812-Edit.jpg

_MG_8813-Edit.jpg

_MG_8816-Edit.jpg

Edited by oppenheimer

Jorge, this is spectacular! You have some serious skills, placing each piece so meticulously. Could you share which ANYZ sets you used? By the way, in case you wanted to address this, the hoses on the rear bulkhead actually end in blower vents that point forward instead of merging in to the bulkhead.

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Very excited to see this one built. Helo fan here as well as jets, but I’ve only an interest in a few types. Mainly attack helicopters. 
Westland Lynx

AH-64

Mi-24

Mi-28

That said, my daughter has brought me around to the idea that I should build the new ICM Skycrane too. 

20 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Jorge, this is spectacular! You have some serious skills, placing each piece so meticulously. Could you share which ANYZ sets you used? By the way, in case you wanted to address this, the hoses on the rear bulkhead actually end in blower vents that point forward instead of merging in to the bulkhead.

Cheers,  Tom

Tom i used 2 sets from ANYZ , AN028 and AN024.

And yes i am aware about the blowers, but my strong is not sratchbuilding :( so i will leave it like that

5 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

Very excited to see this one built. Helo fan here as well as jets, but I’ve only an interest in a few types. Mainly attack helicopters. 
Westland Lynx

AH-64

Mi-24

Mi-28

That said, my daughter has brought me around to the idea that I should build the new ICM Skycrane too. 

next in line after the apache will be the Skycrane, for that i will need lots of patience to scratch build miles of plumbing on the top of the helicopter

Edited by oppenheimer