Mitsubishi F-15DJ Aggressor

I’ve just posted these into into the ‘Turning Japanese’ Group Build thread. 

I present my F-15DJ

Created from a cross kit, F-15C fuselage, and an E nose section. 
Painted exclusively with MRP colours, custom mixed for the scheme. The camouflage was achieved by using a masking set from AeroMasks, and decals from DXM sheet 91-3304.

There’s no conversion work on the airframe other than the cross kitting. My aim was to put the full effort into the paintwork, rather than striving for accuracy. 

52730185423_cfa2a76f32_b.jpg

52729698761_a35ab1ee4f_b.jpg

52730109375_a91165cc41_b.jpg

52730178963_b137ca1a04_b.jpg

52729698751_79463f5896_b.jpg

I had a real blast painting this one, even if it was stressful at the beginning. Getting the colour right was very hit and miss, with lots of guesswork and paint mule use. 

Hope you like it. 

I’ve let it breathe where it is for a few days, and have come to the conclusion that I need a slightly stronger solution for the pose. I always use bent acrylic rods, but in this case they’re a little too bendy because of the length used. I’ll probably get something fabricated from metal. 
It’s secure enough the way it is, but I don’t think it’d take much to knock it off its perch. 

10 minutes ago, Stevepd said:

Just seen this and it's tremendous. I've not seen your approach to the stand before and I like it. Why weld it to a base?.

I used to use bases, but found they looked a bit untidy on the shelves when multiple builds were displayed. I figured what the hell….just drill the holes directly into the shelving. I think it makes for a cleaner ‘in flight’ look to them. 

On 3/6/2023 at 10:08 AM, Stokey Pete said:

I’ve just posted these into into the ‘Turning Japanese’ Group Build thread. 

I present my F-15DJ

Created from a cross kit, F-15C fuselage, and an E nose section. 
Painted exclusively with MRP colours, custom mixed for the scheme. The camouflage was achieved by using a masking set from AeroMasks, and decals from DXM sheet 91-3304.

There’s no conversion work on the airframe other than the cross kitting. My aim was to put the full effort into the paintwork, rather than striving for accuracy. I had a real blast painting this one, even if it was stressful at the beginning. Getting the colour right was very hit and miss, with lots of guesswork and paint mule use. 

Hope you like it. 

Wild camo!

May I post it on the website?

:clap2::clap2::clap2: