(Foxy Killer) EDIT: Foxy Mama FINISHED

blackbetty

Just putting the finishing touches on Miss Jolly Roger, waiting on a few parts, i pulled out my Revell Tornado Kit. I do have the resin LGBs from Reskit that i wanted to use on the Buccaneer, but it turns out i have the later version with the GPS dome. not wanting to remove the delicate detail, i raided the Tonka kit for the LGBs  :evil_laugh:

This is an old kit, maybe obsolete because of the new Italeri kit, but i am going to build it anyway. I had it for a long time and amassed quite soem aftermarket for it:

013pcz0.jpg

-the ancient flightpath decals

-the old paragon resin flaps

-some eduard etch for the cockpit

-seats from black box

-aires burner cans

-reskit wheels

-and the latest addition: the resin intakes from Tim

i missed out on his corrected nose sadly (and he has stopped producing for now)

all this will fit the group build theme nicely, and i have grown fond of desert pink lately :P

wish me luck

Edited by blackbetty

16 hours ago, Stef said:

Hello blackbetty,

i wish you a great start and building.

One question, do you know where i can find the resin intakes from Tim & nose correction?

Thank you very much.

sadly Tim does not produce these parts at the moment and its not clear if he will start production again

Very interesting project. The 1/32 Revell kit is very nice but check out the underwing pylons as they depict these pieces for German / Italian Tonkas. RAF style pylons are different. We are producing a set to correct this issue. The outer wing pylon is ready, just working on the inner to make a set. Based on serious research and measurements of course.

IMG_4022ED

We are producing 32022 Gun Muzzles and some other stuff as well.

IMG_4078ED

Keep'em coming.

Ed.

Nice. Personally I don't see it being obsolete. The Italeri may have improved/more detail, but to my eyes, a lot of it looks typical Italeri-soft. I have about the same stash of stufff for my, plus even more resin including the JP-233's. I should build one of the 4 I have in boxes some day before I die...

BTW, I know someone makes the wing seals, I have a set. But they are very easy to make if you are familiar with using some 2 part epoxy putty. And oh, who is Tim re:the intakes and nose, and what is the issue with the nose?

Edited by eoyguy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

still working on the slats.

glueing the leadinge edge by letting superglue flow in from the trailing edge prooved to be not so good of an idea, it oozed out and now i can rescribe part of the resin

plus it dawned on me that i would have to paint all the parts before glueing everything together

05dpfe3.jpg

i decided to change the subject: instead of Foxi Killer i will do ZA 473 FM "Foxi Mama"

i am always on the lookout for planes that no one else builds and since there are the flightpath decals and the new revell boxing also has these "Mama" will be set apart from the rest. and it still has the pink sharkmouth i wanted

the loadout will also change to a late war 1000lb MK 3 with 117 tail setup (coming from reskit)

screenshot of the decals i am drawing:

06bad1x.jpg

• blackbetty changed the title to (Foxy Killer) EDIT: Foxy Mama