Devotion the movie - available in the UK

Scotsman

Those of us in the UK who want to watch the film Devotion have been totally out of luck since it didn't get a release here and no streaming service seemed to want to take it on - until now - just seem that it's available on Amazon Prime for free .

Ok you have to be an Amazon prime member , but in this case it's a small price to pay,

I quite enjoyed it. I know nothing about that era, or theatre of operations, so can’t comment on any historical accuracy or lack of. 
I just enjoyed it for what it is to me……a film featuring a bunch of planes, and some enjoyable set pieces. 

The film is on Netflix in Aus. I had been looking forward to it but it wasn't my cup of tea.  I thought it was way too long, slow and the racial themes were a rehash of ones we've seen in every Tuskegee Airman film.

Using fishing boat masts as slalom poles in your Bearcat is probably the best way I can imagine to suffer multiple bird strikes from Pacific Gulls.

BoB still holds up.

Matty

I was surprised to see this movie on Prime but mostly enjoyed it. 

I thought the Bearcats and Corsairs were nicely rendered but wasn't quite so convinced by the Skyraiders. 

The lost man flypast was what brought a lump to my throat. It always does, even at airshows :crying:

^_^

I enjoyed it having read the original book the film is based on, my wife also read it and again thought it hit most of main points  of the story  and ok there were a few liberties taken  but overall a decent enough way to spend a couple of hours. 

The Prime costs really didn't enter in it as I signed up for when The Grand Tour started a few years ago 

I watched it last night, too, since as Matty says it's just become available on Netflix over here. I have to say I was a little underwhelmed. I thought it was OK, but not great. Too long, too much padding, too much cheesy melodrama. The flying sequences were the clear winner for me, and I think they were done here as well as I've seen them since Battle of Britain.

Kev