If model possible in 3D printed version what 1/32 aircraft do you like to buy ?? Give the type of aircraft which have not been released in this scale before by any brand?

Turecki

On 1/15/2023 at 5:35 AM, mozart said:

I’m not playing this game, though I would of course love an Anson :coolio:, but from a technical production point of view how does a company go about producing a kit using any manufacturing method if good reliable drawings aren’t available? I’m thinking more specifically here of Lukgraph who produce some really niche aeroplane models in an amazingly short time frame it seems, but how? 

Max, Max, Max, Have you ever read a series of books about this kid called Harry Potter?

Put this in the wrong forum, but here it is anyway.

To the best of my knowledge (and that is a limited quantity) this has never been kitted in 1/32 scale.

t1De05G.jpg

It is small so the parts count should be low.  I think the only weapon that would have to be in the kit would be the Aden cannon pod.  Most everything else it is cleared to carry could be sourced from aftermarket produces or through horse trading on the traders board.

The Aden cannon (plus wing pylons and rails) are present in the Revell Red Arrows Hawk kit (not used in the Red Arrows boxing).

I don´t know if these parts are present in the rebox tough.

Cheers!

Stefan :beer:

8 hours ago, europapete said:

Max, Max, Max, Have you ever read a series of books about this kid called Harry Potter?

No, never read a word of a Harry Potter novel nor seen any of the films, not my thing at all! However give me a Robert Galbraith novel (aka J K Rowling) and I’m hooked. 

And nobody has yet answered my question! 

Edited by mozart

I certainly would consider a 3d kit if the right thing came around.  It really comes down to quality though also.  If it is not well done or looks out of my league I won’t buy it.  I purchased the Jetmads Viggen second hand as it presented really well and looks really interesting.  Essentially it had everything to get me to leap, execution, subject matter and overall well done.  It is a hybrid between 3d and resin kit but none the less.  

I have no interest in learning to 3d print though so it has to be a kit I can purchase.  I have zero interest in buying the equipment, learning to use it, and then maintaining it.  

Edited by cbk57

5 hours ago, europapete said:

Not familiar with the Galbraith books, what genre are those? AND I don't know the answer to your question either :unsure:

Robert Galbraith’s “hero” character is an irreverent ex-Army amputee turned detective, offices in Soho named Cormoran Strike.  Beautifully written and thoroughly researched, real page turners. The last two books have been over 1000 pages long so a very good read! 

On 1/21/2023 at 7:07 AM, MustangManiac said:

An F-82 with a centerline gun pod, rockets, and bombs totalling out to 14 .50s pointing at the enemy. 

An F4U-4

An AU-1 with Olathe grey and white markings

A -5 and -5N

A -7

I can dig the big corsairs, one of my favs. One thing though I don't believe Olathe reserves had AU-1s , they did have F4U-4s though and some of them were in the Grey and white scheme. Now there were 3 or 4 AU-1s that were assigned to the AES-1 in Quantico that were grey and white, these were the last corsairs in U.S. military service. I think they were finally phased out in early 1957 or late 56. Aside from that late model corsairs are a big hit with me bring 'em on!

AH-1J and AH-1T. Two very important helicopters for United States Marine Corps Aviation. The J could even be done by modifying existing AH-1G kits, adding the M197 20mm gun and turret, engine and transmission section and the requisite instrument panels to represent the two-engined SeaCobra…

Semper Fly,

Ski

On 1/15/2023 at 5:35 AM, mozart said:

I’m not playing this game, though I would of course love an Anson :coolio:, but from a technical production point of view how does a company go about producing a kit using any manufacturing method if good reliable drawings aren’t available? I’m thinking more specifically here of Lukgraph who produce some really niche aeroplane models in an amazingly short time frame it seems, but how? 

Hi Max, I’ll attempt an answer. 

1. If the company are well-heeled they could LIDAR scan an extant airframe.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidar

2. If the company are not well heeled or there is no existing airframe to scan then they could use a technique called photogrammetry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogrammetry

So it is possible to get a reliable set of data from photos if one has enough of them.

3. Measure a real airframe using the old-fashioned methods of having a datum and taking measurements from there.  Although the measurements will be specific to that single airframe they will be better than any drawing!

Kind regards,

Paul

36 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Hi Max, I’ll attempt an answer. 

1. If the company are well-heeled they could LIDAR scan an extant airframe.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidar

2. If the company are not well heeled or there is no existing airframe to scan then they could use a technique called photogrammetry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogrammetry

So it is possible to get a reliable set of data from photos if one has enough of them.

3. Measure a real airframe using the old-fashioned methods of having a datum and taking measurements from there.  Although the measurements will be specific to that single airframe they will be better than any drawing!

Kind regards,

Paul

Thanks for that Paul, I had assumed all of those possibilities but I was mainly thinking of some of the really obscure types that are being mooted, though come to think of it even the Tiger Moth had Simon at Silver Wings in a bit of a quandary at times!