ZM kits apparently due in March of this year ...

MikeMaben

16 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Some decent schemes there.  I haven't really started researching my next 109 Pilot.

Gotcha, I've got another on the way . With me , 109s is like eating peanuts , just can't stop at one. I 'm definitely looking forward to the F.W. want to try that one out.

10 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Gotcha, I've got another on the way . With me , 109s is like eating peanuts , just can't stop at one. I 'm definitely looking forward to the F.W. want to try that one out.

I find a build much more interesting if there is a story to the pilot.  Doesn't have to be a super-ace.  BUt more than a scheme is welcome.

On 1/18/2023 at 12:49 AM, Gazzas said:

I find a build much more interesting if there is a story to the pilot.  Doesn't have to be a super-ace.  BUt more than a scheme is welcome.

I've noticed that the pic you have with your postings ,I'd guess that that is an Erla built 109 judging by the camo scheme, the factories even had their own camo[ isn't that nuts!] 

7 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I've noticed that the pic you have with your postings ,I'd guess that that is an Erla built 109 judging by the camo scheme, the factories even had their own camo[ isn't that nuts!] 

The Germans weren't micromanagers all of the time, I guess.  The wing patterns seem to be more regulated.  And the sides, more down to the guys painting them, maybe.  Late war chaos makes it a bit more difficult to find who flew-what-when...  So, I just used a scheme I found on a skinner's site which had the nose and tail bands I'd wanted to do.  I also wanted to master weathering yellow and other base colors.

13 hours ago, Gazzas said:

The Germans weren't micromanagers all of the time, I guess.  The wing patterns seem to be more regulated.  And the sides, more down to the guys painting them, maybe.  Late war chaos makes it a bit more difficult to find who flew-what-when...  So, I just used a scheme I found on a skinner's site which had the nose and tail bands I'd wanted to do.  I also wanted to master weathering yellow and other base colors.

Yeah, It's almost a "catch as ,catch can" type of thing, just makes our hobby that much more "interesting?" Weathering yellow can be tricky as the whole band or whatever doesn't weather evenly, gets kind of blotchy but I get what you're saying.G-14 production , in fact G production in general was to be kind "a mess", I always thought B-24 liberator production was a cluster[ and it was!]

20 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Yeah, trying to sort out 109s is like nailing jello to the wall or herding cats!

I'm a bit late joining this, so if you'll excuse me going back to the topic, it's the FW-190 I'm waiting for.  I haven't built one in many, many years so a new Z-M detailed kit is a must have for me.  As to the next Z-M 109, I'll wait for the non-bump G series before I buy another.  Haven't built the first one yet.

Cheers,

Michael

Strange as it maybe ,I've yet to build a 190, EVER. I will have to see how this one is ,might take a chance. It'll be a hell of a learning curve for me as I know next to nothing about them . I trust people on here will "nurse" me through as they have on other things , you'll just have to be patient with me and my stupid questions. I do know the difference between a "Dora" and an 'A'

2 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Strange as it maybe ,I've yet to build a 190, EVER. I will have to see how this one is ,might take a chance. It'll be a hell of a learning curve for me as I know next to nothing about them . I trust people on here will "nurse" me through as they have on other things , you'll just have to be patient with me and my stupid questions. I do know the difference between a "Dora" and an 'A'

Never built a 190?

That's just crazy, Ivan