ZM kits apparently due in March of this year ...

MikeMaben

After building their G-14 I'll be happy to make a couple G-6's.  I wonder how many decal options there'll be.  It'd be nice if they threw in a gunboat sprue.  That was really the only thing missing...   except for the umbrella and some inner parts for the Erla hood.

Still want that FW, tho.

30 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

After building their G-14 I'll be happy to make a couple G-6's.  I wonder how many decal options there'll be.  It'd be nice if they threw in a gunboat sprue.  That was really the only thing missing...   except for the umbrella and some inner parts for the Erla hood.

Still want that FW, tho.

I'm with you on that , if I get another 109 it'll be built as a G-6gunboat . I've got the Barracuda parts for it metal barrels and all , Nice! I'll probably have a go at the FW also why not ,right?

12 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Well, I just scared myself, went thru part of the stash and I've got a Z-M TA-152H1! I don't remember buying that ! Maybe I'll pull that out and start it . I've heard good and bad about it so I'll give it a go. 

I'm working on the H-0 right now!  About a month into it; just mated the engine to the fuselage.

It has tons of moving parts and if everything isn't just "so" it won't fit.  You need to go VERY slowly with EVERYTHING and dry fit 10 times before you think of touching glue.  Need to really think forward.

So far, mine has worked out OK.  I had big gaps in my wings of all places (each made of 3 or 4 pieces) but nothing that hasn't been fixable.

There is a TON of interior detail and the kit is all about celebrating that and displaying it with everything open.

If you are a "close it up" kind of guy, it's an odd choice of a kit.  You'd be much better off with the Hasegawa FW-190 D9 which isn't the same plane, but pretty close. And it falls together compared to the ZM.

This has been my first ZM kit and I have enjoyed it overall.  They are definitely trying to do cool things.  The instruction booklet is really nice. 

I've heard they keep getting better and this T-0 that I am building is old, so they may already be much better now!

8 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

From several years ago ...

ZM's schedule :
Fw190A-3 Basic
Fw190A-4 SWS
Fw190A-5/6/7 Basic
Fw190A-8 SWS
Fw190D-9 SWS

from acoupla years ago ...

o0ZeGXb.jpg

I remember that with the A-3 and A-4 one was going to be SWS and the other was to be Basic … but I don’t recall that most of the successive variants were to be Basic versions? … Pity - as at least the A-5 and A-7 had some very distinctive features. I’ll have to jump back to the relevant OMB and have a look.

Rog :)

Fully agree on the TA-152, H1 or H0, fit of the wings to fuselage is IMO not the best. Also the way ZM created the main fuselage in 3 parts (sides and bottom) instead of wrapping the bottom into the side, makes for a difficult fit. This was made worse by my pre-painting of some of the wing spar/wing parts and then not getting a good glue mating.  I still had add a spacer on the top of the wings where they mate to the body as the gap there would not close.

By far my worse mistake was trying to use the Yahu Instrument panel.  It will not fit due to the way ZM created the clear part.  The cut outs from Yahu and ZM do not match.  This is a critical installation and I ended up having to order parts from Volks (Love their customer service).  

The Eduard/ZM instrument panel is a strange color that IMO doesn't match the correct shade of RLM 66, (It has a purple shade to it). But I used it over the kit part and on the next built I might use the kit part and just paint them. 

The Concept Note book is worth the cost if you can find one as they point out some differences in putting the kit together over the instructions, mainly how to mount the engine to the firewall.  

I agree the kit makes you want to show part of the engine, with the cowlings up, still working on how to do that and still paint the kit. 

The other thing that surprised me is the overall size.  The wing span on the TA-152 was huge. 

Paul 

4 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I'm working on the H-0 right now!  About a month into it; just mated the engine to the fuselage.

It has tons of moving parts and if everything isn't just "so" it won't fit.  You need to go VERY slowly with EVERYTHING and dry fit 10 times before you think of touching glue.  Need to really think forward.

So far, mine has worked out OK.  I had big gaps in my wings of all places (each made of 3 or 4 pieces) but nothing that hasn't been fixable.

There is a TON of interior detail and the kit is all about celebrating that and displaying it with everything open.

If you are a "close it up" kind of guy, it's an odd choice of a kit.  You'd be much better off with the Hasegawa FW-190 D9 which isn't the same plane, but pretty close. And it falls together compared to the ZM.

This has been my first ZM kit and I have enjoyed it overall.  They are definitely trying to do cool things.  The instruction booklet is really nice. 

I've heard they keep getting better and this T-0 that I am building is old, so they may already be much better now!

Thank you for the review of sorts will take your words to heart when I get around to this one . I'm just finishing up the G-14 and the fit was pretty good overall. So as they get more kits under their belt , the quality is going up I'll build another G!

On 1/13/2023 at 7:04 PM, Gazzas said:

Still want that FW, tho.

Yeah, I 'm on the same wave length you are . I got another one coming and it's going to be a G-6R6 Trop. I have the decals and the gun gondolas, they could've included cowling prop rods but I guess I'm getting spoiled in my old age I'll make 'em. I'll be using the EagleCalsEC#47 sheet it's got 4 examples and nice. Check 'em out!

11 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Yeah, I 'm on the same wave length you are . I got another one coming and it's going to be a G-6R6 Trop. I have the decals and the gun gondolas, they could've included cowling prop rods but I guess I'm getting spoiled in my old age I'll make 'em. I'll be using the EagleCalsEC#47 sheet it's got 4 examples and nice. Check 'em out!

Some decent schemes there.  I haven't really started researching my next 109 Pilot.