USAAF Beaufighter MkVIf

Got home late last night after the airline trip from hell. Up early to let the dogs out and shoot a flat coat of MRP on these parts-

UtS6G9e.jpg

here’s the chipping for the observers hatch- lots of paintwork on the aft rack to do still-

p1l8qAR.jpg

dxvTnEI.jpg

and the front half-

eF538fr.jpg

The attitude indicator is a little wonky- might fix that. Another power quadrant placard decal not quite straight- 

cheers

P

I’m not sure I could have flown a Beaufighter even when I was much nubiler than I am now.  Only the Brits would have designed an airplane that appears to require the pilot to wallow around in the mud to get to a hatch that opened into a confined space with little or nothing to grab onto, only to have to, once inside, squeeze over the carry through and past the seat back in order to finally sit down.  Or is there another way to board this thing because this seems pretty much impossible to me.  And how would you get out if everything suddenly stopped working - reverse the process and hope you have ten or fifteen minutes before being smitten by the countryside?  I gotta be missing something here.