Tamiya New Products Launch Nuremburg Feb 1st

7 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

I have to laugh every time I read this. Affection for a subject is not a guarantee of being a 'license to print money'. And repeatedly saying it won't turn a loser into something a manufacturer might take up.

Normally, I’d agree but in the case of a new tool 32nd P-51K, it’s undoubtedly true.  The demand for this kit is overwhelming.  

6 hours ago, John1 said:

Normally, I’d agree but in the case of a new tool 32nd P-51K, it’s undoubtedly true.  The demand for this kit is overwhelming.  

A P-51K is an aftermarket set or a mild conversion at best. I don't see why any manufacturer would bother with a dedicated kit. It's a vanity project. "The demand for this kit is overwhelming" begs the question - evidence?

So we are getting all exercised about what is essentially a non-event. It is a bit disappointing, but if Tamiya want to give ground to others, well, that's their decision and, as others have pointed out, it's not as if there's a lack of quality options.

"Back in my day we had to take parts from the 6 kits put out by the two manufacturers to scratch build a Lancaster from three Spifires, a Mustang, a 109 and a Zero."

Edit: This was intended to be light-heated commentary, but on looking back at it today, it looks a lot more "Grumpy Old Guy" than I intended. Sorry all.

Edited by ctayfor
Final comment.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2023 at 7:40 AM, Tony T said:

The only K that matters is a McDonnell/Rolls-Royce Toom: F-4K 

No other K matters, not a bit, not ever. Unless it's some type of single malt whisky that's eluded me or the K in aKa FG.1

Tony

You are forgetting that other K, the A-4K (for Kahu) by those Douglas design chappies, but refined in Kiwiland.

On 3/17/2023 at 12:45 PM, is it windy yet? said:

Only if strapped to the back of a 747.  Then pure gold. 

I want a Buran strapped to the back of an AN-225, at which point I'd probably discard the Buran. I just want a 225 in 1/24 (or larger) scale. Mind you, I'd probably have to build a separate shed in the back to house it.