Tamiya New Products Launch Nuremburg Feb 1st

45 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

So is Tamiya selling Italerie’s 1/32 Tornado or is Italeri selling Tamyia’s?  

3:13 mark in the video.  It would be very odd for Tamiya to third party a kit…..

It’s a rebox of the Italeri kit.  They also did a rebox of the 1/32 Italeri F-35A, and they’ve done a number of reboxes of 1/35 Italeri armor kits.  They usually change the decals, or add some small extras like figures, or other small parts.  Think they are mostly for the home market.

18 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I don't think they need people buying 8 of them.  I think they need a lot of people buying one, I would be among them.  I really think that a P-51B is a kit that would be a solid winner for them and that the economics are there.  The biggest risk is that ZM or someone else does an outstanding B at the same time Tamiya would do one.  The longer they wait the more likely a competing kit will come out.  Great Walls P-40 kits our exceptional hopefully we will see something else from them also.  

If Mr Tamiyasan is reading this, I wish he would assume me as 8 different people to buy one. Already the two of us can be counted as 9 people.:P:beer:

5 hours ago, fastterry said:

Hi Tolga, as a matter of interest how many kits do you buy of a particular subject? I tend to buy just one of each as money and space are the limiting factors. From what I can glean from your prodigious build schedule you must have a warehouse full of kits.

TRF

Thanks

My style may not be very healthy, I have some obsessions I'm afraid. I usually buy 3 or 5 or sometimes more from the models I choose according to my bucket list. This collection realised in a period of approximately 10-15 years.

I keep some of them in the basement or in the empty spaces of the house.

IMG-1144.jpg

58 minutes ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Thanks

My style may not be very healthy, I have some obsessions I'm afraid. I usually buy 3 or 5 or sometimes more from the models I choose according to my bucket list. This collection realised in a period of approximately 10-15 years.

IMG-1144.jpg

These pictures shouldn’t be here…..they should be in “make the others jealous”:wub:

Just going by what I see on the tables at shows/competitions, and I realize this is anecdotal, 1/32 is still a fairly niche scale. Usually there is only one category for 1/32, at most two if they separate out jets, and the other scales are broken down into several categories. Props, jets, single engine, multiple engine, etc. and each of those categories will have many more entries than the 1/32 category. I don't know how this translates to the model building world as a whole but have always found it strange as someone who is biased towards 1/32. I would love to see more 1/32 from Tamiya but I can see why it may not be that profitable and am very thankful for all the new kits we do get these days.

Jay

3 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Thanks

IMG-1144.jpg

You're in this hobby and you have empty spaces in your house?:o

50 minutes ago, ctayfor said:

You're in this hobby and you have empty spaces in your house?:o

To be honest, there are no empty spaces left in the house anymore. For this reason, I am in a fast and effective construction process. Of course, some new ones come to replace the built ones.:whistle:

1 minute ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

To be honest, there are no empty spaces left in the house anymore. For this reason, I am in a fast and effective construction process. Of course, some new ones come to replace the built ones.:whistle:

But...where do you put the built ones:coolio: