Tamiya New Products Launch Nuremburg Feb 1st

Right now it looks like Tamiya is pretty interested in the modern 1/48 jet market.  F-14, F-4, F-35.  There is a lot of room for them to bring some F-4 variants to market.  I just am not feeling it on them doing anything in 1/32 of any kind at the moment.  But lets see.  I am not worried personally as I have plenty to work on.

7 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

My uneducated guess- another variation of what they have already put out recently in 1/48 - so Phantom a-z. That’s aircraft any other subject no idea but similar isea. Their next aircraft kit ? Maybe an 1/48 F- 18 but really just a wild guess. 

They could bring out a p-38 but people have suggested the Mozzie wasn’t a success so would a p- 38 be ?

I've yet to see anything from Tamiya that the Mossi wasn't a success but then again they play their hands pretty close . Yes a P-38 would work I believe it's a different time now what with $800 1/32 scale Lancasters .

5 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

P-51B!

there… have we reached a record thread length for Tamiya wishing list?

Is this the 2024 wish list now as the 2023 Tamiya catalogue shows a 1/32 Tornado GR.4 — the Italeri kit with some added pilot figures. 

My eyes have turned to China.

Tony

2 hours ago, Tony T said:

Is this the 2024 wish list now as the 2023 Tamiya catalogue shows a 1/32 Tornado GR.4 — the Italeri kit with some added pilot figures. 

Tony

The catalog is not reflective of Tamiya new releases coming out in 2023.  Now I don't expect a LSP but the Catalog only reflects what is on sale at retailers at time of publication so is actually backward looking.

On 1/6/2023 at 8:06 AM, CShanne said:

At least there is some hope, Tamiya did say static model aircraft on their Facebook page.  Probably not the F6F, FW-190, or P-47 I want but it is some hope anyway.  I expect hopes to be dashed with some 1/48 aircraft, but the dream remains for now. 

Where did they say static model aircraft? I only see static model.

15 hours ago, John1 said:

Only got 4 more pages to go until we set the record for the longest Tamiya wish-list / uninformed speculation post!  Come on lads, keep at it!!

I'll do my part (again) - for the love of god, why can't we get a new tool P-51K???

I heard it was another multi-engine aircraft in 1/32, except this time it is one that will sell, a 1/32 Twin Otter.

39 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo said:

I heard it was another multi-engine aircraft in 1/32, except this time it is one that will sell, a 1/32 Twin Otter.

Oddly enough I started scratch building a 1/32 Twin Otter a few years ago. I got most of the fuselage done but lost interest…hey a squirrel!

6 hours ago, Tony T said:

Tony

I’ll have to check the rule book- I don’t think Italieri re boots count so we are probably still doing a 2023 wish list for the Guiness records