1/32 Trumpeter EA-18G GROWLER

EA-18G GROWLER VAQ -141 “Shadowhawks” former Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron 141

This is the 1/32 Trumpeter kit, which isn’t bad if you compare it to the new Revell kits.

This was built with the red fox cockpit, and Aires ejector seats, and resin engine nozzles and was painted using a combination of MRP and Hataka paints, enjoy

Mike

NNnh9CV.jpg3weLuLO.jpgML67cNR.jpgLd0N2YW.jpgJlgMJ32.jpgq9gRmhF.jpgJGmnJhl.jpgfrJCMoF.jpg1YsvQXk.jpgw0ij97M.jpgAH0HYH2.jpgDbCDDDG.jpguNWP201.jpg4YlEtKr.jpg9ydb0Hq.jpg

5 minutes ago, alain11 said:

hi

impressive as usual !!!!! I like the subtle mottling effects , can you give us  ( me ) the tip 

Alain

Hi Alain thanks for the comments, re the mottling effect, I use a back base, then using Trinity splatter templates ( but you can make your Owen using paper, and just cit out random patterns)  I spray light coats of white and light grey, sometimes brown, you would need to experiment. Then using MRP paints lightly spray over the mottling, until the desired effect is achieved, I use MRP as they are very thin and allow a better coverage, hope that helps, shout if you need any help.

Mike

7KYacdt.jpg?1

Another commissioned job?  It looks outstanding!  If so, you’re gonna have one happy client.  
Also need to order those templates.   
Have you ever posted a “how-to” on your technique of a black base first and then splatter before top coat?  Sounds interesting since all I’ve ever seen done is just dark splatter and panel line shading before top coat.   After my current project is done I’m planning on the F-14 #200 from The Final Countdown and I’d like to experiment with some of these preshading techniques. 

15 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Another commissioned job?  It looks outstanding!  If so, you’re gonna have one happy client.  
Also need to order those templates.   
Have you ever posted a “how-to” on your technique of a black base first and then splatter before top coat?  Sounds interesting since all I’ve ever seen done is just dark splatter and panel line shading before top coat.   After my current project is done I’m planning on the F-14 #200 from The Final Countdown and I’d like to experiment with some of these preshading techniques. 

Hi thanks for the kind comments, yes all my builds are commissions, I haven't thought about posting a  "how-to" never been asked before , but if I get time on my up and coming F-14 build I will let you know, its a replacement for the salt technique which is very messy, and I think gives a better result

Mike