Sad news Carolyn Grace has died

gunpowder

Saw on the facebook page this morning that Carolyn Grace has been killed in a car crash in Australia. An Amazing woman who will be sadly missed, Condolences to the family.  I only received my decals for spitfire ML407 OU-V yesterday too. I remember the documentary "the perfect lady" about her husband Nick rebuilding the Spitfire. She kept it flying all these years. Im sure it will be even more special to the family now.

Blue skies Carolyn

Edited by gunpowder

Horribly sad. And what evil irony that her husband Nick was also killed in a car accident. :(

Her son Richard, who is a huge figure in world warbird circles was also involved and early reports were that he was badly injured too. Let's hope he recovers.

I can't believe it. Carolyn oh no. A truly lovely person, I built a model of her Spitfire for her and she was kind enough to do a display at our wedding ( guests still talk about it!). My thoughts are with Richard,, Olivia and the rest of the family at this awful time. I hope Richard makes a full and speedy recovery. Such a nice guy, we often chatted at various airshows. What terrible news.

RIP Carolyn

Blue Skies

Captain Boogaloo

Oh no, such terrible news -the Grace family has been one of the cornerstones of classic  aircraft movement in the UK - for those of us in the uk Richard is in an episode of Warbird Restoration to-night (8th Nov) a sad irony 

Blue sky's and fair winds Caroline