New 1/32 Spitfire XIVe conversion on the way

Sage the Owl

On 5/23/2023 at 10:32 PM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

No apologies needed , I'm not complaining one bit . I love this plane!

Clearly a man with good taste. :D

2 hours ago, williamj said:

Well they had to have been clean at some point:rolleyes:

True.

Update just posted on Facebook:

LFD32-001 product, order and release informations.
This has been quite a journey since October 22 when I started this little venture.
Struck at home for weeks with a post covid mononucleosis, I grabbed an old PCM Spitfire box off the shelves during a stash inspection. The said box containing a failed attempt at mating the PCM kit to a RB Mk14 conversion and a Cammet low back fuselage. The build was progressing quite well until the failure point wich happened when I tried to carve the (resin) fuselage sides to adapt the old school scratched Recon mods. Thick resin is a ***** for that kind of work…
And so Im there sitting at the bench between two sleep sessions lamenting over how much I would like this model to be released, but knowing that would not happen anytime soon.
The next night, 2AM, I’m out of the bed to create the first drafts of what would become LFD32-001.
A few months later, I’m not falling asleep anymore during the day, and I’m very proud to unveil my 1/32 Spitfire MkXIVe conversion.
All orders will be processed via the web shop I’m currently setting up. It will be accessible at the address: www.laminarflowdesign.com
The set will comprise 65 parts, allowing to transform the Tamiya kit into a Griffon engined Spitfire MkXIVe.
The box will contain a complete new nose, spinner, wing radiators, fuselage hatches and FR mods, 2 tails (early & broad chord) with corresponding rudders, retractable tail wheel, and cutting/positioning templates to allow for precise modifications of the Tamiya kit, masks for two complete paint schemes, assembly instructions.
Price of this first set will be 69€ excluding VAT.
Wich means for EU residents the set will have to be charged with Belgian VAT (21%) and for the rest of the world with No VAT, but expect imports duties & customs.
Shipping rates will be calculated with Bpost.
The release date of the product is not known yet. As I still have to work on instructions and box-art. But will be announced as theses matters are done.
The first batch to be offered for sale will be of 40 units.
I intend to put up for sale on the website only available, already produced and boxed sets. So if the product is marked available, it means it is.
If out of stock, don’t worry, I m surely working the matter, and I will add sets as long as they are ready. Don’t hesitate to send a message to know the availability for the next batch.
Pics of renders and product parts to illustrate the content of the box.
See you soon on laminarflowdesign.com

Kev

Good news.

The price seems fair to me?

Very eager to see how the surface detail and any panel lines compare to the donor kit.

Has anything been mentioned about future products?

How far are we away from a Mk22/24?

All very exciting. :)

5 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

All good. I didn't mean to sound as grumpy as I did!

Kev

All good here, Kev. I didn't take it that way. Hopefully Mathieu follows through on sending you that pre-production set for review.

On 5/23/2023 at 1:59 AM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I notice that the spit MK21 is creeping back into the mix again, not complaining mind you. I might just start another thread for later Spitifires AND Seafires, Griffon engine types !

I'm not complaining either, I think the Spitfire Mk21 with contra prop and broad chord rudder is the most amazing spit type conceived :rolleyes:.

rgds

jon

19 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Hmm I spent a good part of Saturday afternoon staring at a Spit 21 in the flesh so to speak 

Spitfire LA198

Anyone got a spare set of Matchbox F22/24 wings? :coolio:

What a productive afternoon that would have been :rolleyes:.

Rgds

jon