New 1/32 Spitfire XIVe conversion on the way

Sage the Owl

This just popped up on my facebook feed from a company caled Laminar flow design. I'm not familiar with them but it's to convert the Tamiya kit and may also be upscaled to 1/24th which i would love.

I can't post the pictures but they've already produced some test prints. 

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100087524543048

Got to say those pieces look rather  tempting. and I guess a  nice low backed XIV would be on the cards from the Tamiya XVI model as well ?  but as mark pointed out decals/masks are really a necessity as I'm really sick of raiding my diminishing supplies of decals sets to make up a set of markings 

Edited by Scotsman

52 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Looks nice.  The Griffon engined Spitfires have always been my favorite.  I’d be in depending on the price and decal availability, although only if I could do a razorback XIV.

A high back XIV would be nice indeed. Too bad Tamiya didn't go the extra mile and do one . Now that someone is actually trying to give us a conversion is sweet news to me , they may offer decals along with this , time will tell, Should be relatively easy to do a high back version using the MkVIII, will need a vertical fin to fit that . Firewall forward should be the same. Here's  hoping.

They seem pretty responsive to posts on their Facebook thread, so I asked about decals and/or masks. I'll let you folks know what they say.

I hadn't appreciated it in the photos above, but there's a replacement tail on there, too. These are all 3D printed parts for those that care. This is only their second venture according to their Facebook page, the other being some interior bits and bobs for the Revell 1/32 P-51D kit.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Edited by Dennis7423

I saw that on Facebook as well. Would definitely be interested in purchasing at least one of those. 

It's too bad the 1/32 Aviaeology RCAF FR XIVe decals are out of print and sold out. Still, markings shouldn't be a problem. 

He is also testing a set of 1/32 P-51D cockpit sidewalls, with different radio/control box fits for successive production versions. He also said he would test a set in 1/24, which makes me happy! They've been designed to fit the Revell 1/32 P-51D, but could be altered.

TfizCA8h.jpg

x0lO1t8h.jpg