LSP project next. Help decide!

KUROK

You guys have seen me out here lurking for years....and I have not done any LSP projects.

Well, I finished my 1/72 P-40N and before that a 1/72 Space: 1999 Eagle.

So it's time to do a LSP project from my stash.  1/32 Scale.

I want to have fun and not get "bogged down" with AMS issues like corrections, etc.

What do you recommend for my next project???  Here is what I have now in my stash:

In no particular order:

Tamiya Corsair

ZM P-51D

Fisher Sea Fury

Kittyhawk T-6 Texan

Hasegawa P-40 (have four in my stash)

12 minutes ago, MARU5137 said:

MY choice is Kittyhawk T- 6 Texan... just because I love  how they look. They are Cool  and oh SO colorful!!

:wub:

where does your heart lie?

:whistle:

I do want to do a natural metal one..probably the box lid scheme.  I'm nervous about any fit issues.  Perhaps I should try to swallow my AMS and build it out of the box.

44 minutes ago, KUROK said:

I do want to do a natural metal one..probably the box lid scheme.  I'm nervous about any fit issues.  Perhaps I should try to swallow my AMS and build it out of the box.

If this is your first LSP and you have no scratchbulding experence whatsoever, then that would be my recommendation.  Start with one that looks good straight out of the box - whatever scheme takes your fancy) and slowly build up your sklls.

I myself am at the 'improve my painting with weathering' stage...

There are quite a lot of issues with the T-6 OOB; if you want it to look accurate you’ll have to do several corrections so not one I’d recommend to meet your parameters I’m afraid. Can’t speak for any of the others except the obvious statement about the Fisher Sea Fury being resin which (for some reason) frightens many modellers. 

I agree with Max; the Texan has issues, including the landing gear being in the wrong place.  Not unfixable, but why should you have to wrestle with that in your earlier projects?  Also, natural metal finishes are very challenging to do well.  I'd start with the Tamiya kit, or one of the P-40s, save the others for later.

If you pick the Tamiya Corsair be very mindful of parts used and part placement when building the engine and wing fold areas. Follow the instruction very closely as these two areas can really be messed up.

If the Hase P-40 be sure to glue the tail onto each fuse half before joining the fuse halves together. The instructions do not follow this method and makes for a poor fit.  There might also be a frame molded on the wind screen that should not be there.