Spitfire two blade propeller

4 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Hello,

I would like to confirm that the following Grey matter 1/32 two blade propeller is suitable for early Mk.1 Sptfire. Any difference between prototype and early 2 blade propeller  Spitfires?

Thanks

Excellent question! I have the same part and was wondering the same thing. 

What is also needed is the early windscreen and canopy.

Richard

2 hours ago, R Palimaka said:

Excellent question! I have the same part and was wondering the same thing. 

What is also needed is the early windscreen and canopy.

Richard

Thanks Richard.

My choice is the following Mk1a (WZ H) with curved canopy and late style pitot. So it needs an unarmoured windscreen. 

And Alistair from Aerocraft made for me last year. 

WZ-H.jpg

What a beautiful, clear photograph! I would love to see you build this! The curved canopy takes away one problem for you. That was very kind of Alistair to produce the windscreen for you. It's not on his list of products, but maybe he might consider it.

I have plans of sometime building an early Spitfire I to display beside a Seafire 47... a "the first and the last" sort of idea. I hope I live that long, too many other projects first. :)

Richard

14 minutes ago, R Palimaka said:

What a beautiful, clear photograph! I would love to see you build this! The curved canopy takes away one problem for you. That was very kind of Alistair to produce the windscreen for you. It's not on his list of products, but maybe he might consider it.

I have plans of sometime building an early Spitfire I to display beside a Seafire 47... a "the first and the last" sort of idea. I hope I live that long, too many other projects first. :)

Richard

Thanks Richard,

I guess Ali still keeps the patterns( or molds) of this canopy.

Seafire 47 and early Mk.1 make a good pair, as a starter and a finale

Good luck to both of us

30 minutes ago, geedubelyer said:

How would you guys build the Mk47? The old Matchbox Mk22 kit and a resin conversion?:hmmm:

Yes, that's right. I have both the Matchbox Mk.22 and the Freightdog Seafire 47 conversion set. The Matchbox kit is a challenge to work with. I think there are a couple of nicely completed conversions here on LSP. It's not perfect, but the conversion helps you with all the major changes. You'd also need one of the replacement noses/forward fuselage corrections as the Matchbox nose interpretation is off, especially the bulges for the Griffon engine. The whole kit needs some refinement really, soft details and the usual Matchbox trench-like panel lines. Some of the shapes and dimensions are not quite right; rudder, wings, horizontal stabilizer and the canopy. 

...that sounded like I was trying to talk myself out of doing it...:D

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

57 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

And many things are not corrected by the two existing conversions: landing gear bays shapes and details, nose, cockpit, etc. etc.

Completely agreed

Especially, the shape error on the nape behind the cockpit is unlikely to be corrected. This part is too wide due to the fuselage shape, so a corrected canopy will not work well there either.
Maybe Airfix will remember their responsibilities (which I think they have already started to remember) and produce large scale of these iconic aircraft in the near future. 

5 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

Kotare has anounced a new 1/32 early spitfire for next year, it looks like it includes parts for two bladed prop, early canopy etc.  You might look at what they are doing as everything you want may be coming soon in one package.  

Ahh that's great news. 

I was hoping for this to happen, but I didn't know about the explanation. Thanks for this

11 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Hello,

I would like to confirm that the following Grey matter 1/32 two blade propeller is suitable for early Mk.1 Sptfire. Any difference between prototype and early 2 blade propeller  Spitfires?

Thanks

IMG-2866.jpg

Hi Tolga,

That prop is suitable for Mk.I Spitfires. It is a production standard Watts propeller, which differed from the prototype propeller (I remastered this propeller for Grey Matter Figures after it had been damaged in production, so took the opportunity to make it more accurate and detailed).

HTH

Derek

8 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Hi Tolga,

That prop is suitable for Mk.I Spitfires. It is a production standard Watts propeller, which differed from the prototype propeller (I remastered this propeller for Grey Matter Figures after it had been damaged in production, so took the opportunity to make it more accurate and detailed).

HTH

Derek

Thanks a lot for the reply and information Derek, appreciated indeed.

Cheers