1/32 vac. ID Models Lockheed Hudson

chrish

Thanks for the positive comments and encouragement!

Anthony in NZ sent me a load of pictures that'll help push the project along.

I've begun work on the flight deck, I was going to procrastinate yet again and do the panel lines and rivets on the fuselage but figured I have to do the office at some point might as well get at it.

16SnuVI.jpg

RHcH5Tg.jpg

That's a spare HK Models B-17 seat, another spare will be added to the radio room

gPtRKRg.jpg

Thanks for looking

A person gets lucky every now and then...

I was digging around in my spares box(es) when I came across the surplus Lancaster instrument cluster that was an almost exact fit..the thing dropped in with just a little sanding of the corners. So, while not accurate by any stretch, it is an instrument panel.

I've added the backs of the instruments and will add some cabling as well

fJBcDGS.jpg

The column is a chunk of plumbers solder bent and shaped and filed/sanded to a shape. The control wheel is also surplus HK Models but from a B-17

pNkV0Oo.jpg

GyoKSra.jpg

and set in place

Nokk5q1.jpg

Thanks for looking

Thanks folks!

I'm on a steep learning curve, I could go off the rails any day.

But for now, I'm still making some progress. Pictures of the inside of the cabin suggest a wing spar passes through making a step over to the flight deck/ radio room, I had no intentions of adding any cabin details but...well, you know how that goes.

so, the spar;

QIeXnfX.jpg

xzJftOH.jpg

F7IfTJP.jpg

Ozukxdp.jpg

This may actually work...

Thanks for looking 

I've successfully (mostly) the flight deck and the positive results there have inspired me to keep going on the flight deck.

r5TC7s8.jpg?1

lCOcvYC.jpg?1

yRth7gm.jpg?1

WQXaF9a.jpg

next to come in for some work, the radio room

e0PQWeg.jpg

9zd9TAF.jpg

I'll add some "black boxes" around the room, I've also added rudder pedals (no pictures of them)

Thanks for looking

Thanks again for encouraging my progress to the build.

I wanted a busy looking spar, not that it'll ever be seen once closed up but such is modelling.

9NE3gnr.jpg

I added some "Evergreen, metal sheeting" to hold what I'm calling push rods attached to the spar with the hollowed out sheeting covering it;

2xPpBKL.jpg

yoO9J1J.jpg

may look more appropriately "busy" with paint and wash

also, decided I needed to try making the wings fit the fuselage, a bit of sanding and it's coming along

v6TD9hV.jpg

Thanks for looking

Wow - excellent work

I did a ID (Tigger) vacuform some years ago and it IS hard work, but once you finish it'll be quite a sense of achievement !! After I finished I said 'never again' but after a recovery period, I'm doing something equally crazy :-) Yours is looking better than mine with regards to the interior detail, but then I chose one that had very very little documentation.

Looking forward to seeing this progress