F-15DJ Aggressor - Finished.

Stokey Pete

I’m gonna get in on this GB and bring an F-15DJ to the party. I have a C and an E kit that I can bash together to make an Aggressor jet. I’ve managed to get a hold of DXM’s JASDF aggressors decal sheet. I won’t be doing any major surgery in the cockpit to represent a fully accurate D version. This is more about the paint scheme for me, and making sure it looks spectacular. 
As soon as I have all to hand, I shall start the photo trail. 
For now, this is the bird i intend to build. Photo credit to the website ‘Airplane pictures’.

52529253519_31b88e8cf4_c.jpg

Edited by Stokey Pete

3 hours ago, Greif8 said:

That is one awesome cam scheme!

Ernest

The decal sheet gives me the option to either decal the grey underneath the stencil markings, or as I plan to, or should I say I’m going to attempt……to mask all the grey pieces before painting the colour. 

No progress here to report of, I’m still waiting on the ‘donor’ E kit to arrive by sloth mail. And I’m still waiting on the Decals to arrive airmail from Taiwan.

I’ve been racking my brains about how to attempt to covert the rear cockpit into something approaching ‘D’ like. Maybe some Airscale instrument bezels on a scratch plasticard panel…….or some chopped up Quinta studios decals…..

I dunno, I may even just suspend realism and leave it alone. It’s more about the exterior for me, I’m not looking to win medals with it. 

On 12/9/2022 at 5:18 PM, Stokey Pete said:

Great find Thierry, I may look into a set. It all depends on how bad December costs turn out to be. 

He only lists parts for the Revell Kit, but if you ask him I know he has a prototype for the Tamiya kit. He was kind enough to send me that sometime last year. Its a really nice piece ^_^

/NIels

My plan has had to alter slightly. I’m using what’s available in the boxes after interventions from the financial director here at Stokey Towers. 
It will be a slight ‘what if’ version of the jet. I’ll be utilising the ‘E’ variant cockpit attached to the ‘C’ fuselage. Normally, I’d go ahead and l start some construction, but until I have decals in hand, I won’t be doing any more than building the separate halves from the respective boxes. There’ll be no amalgamation until I know for

sure that I have the decals to decorate the model. 

1 hour ago, Stokey Pete said:

My plan has had to alter slightly. I’m using what’s available in the boxes after interventions from the financial director here at Stokey Towers. 
It will be a slight ‘what if’ version of the jet. I’ll be utilising the ‘E’ variant cockpit attached to the ‘C’ fuselage. Normally, I’d go ahead and l start some construction, but until I have decals in hand, I won’t be doing any more than building the separate halves from the respective boxes. There’ll be no amalgamation until I know for

sure that I have the decals to decorate the model. 

Know what you mean about the minister of finance, been there more than once myself Pete!  Your build should be fun to watch.

Ernest