Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

Welcome to the Turning Japanese Group Build! This runs from 1 December 2022 until 31 May 2023, and encompasses any and all aircraft in Japanese markings. Captured aircraft in Japanese markings and those on the civil register are included.

The LSP GB eligibility criteria are in effect for this one, meaning that entered builds must be less than 25% complete at the time of entry, and the kit must be 1/35 scale or larger.

Have fun!

Kev

I am IN!

ohhhh this is awesome! My plans for the next 6 months have now been totally reworked. Glad Stokey Pete brought this up as I didn't realize it was next up. I'm in with a JASDF Eagle as well. I have this beauty awaiting some paint...

Screenshot%202022-11-29%20110542-M.jpg

and I pulled the trigger on the only game in town for a camo pattern that I've been waiting 4 or 5 years to do. Hasegawa did a limited release in 1/72 scale. I plan to scan and create a set of masks for the 305SQ Commemorative scheme "Ume-gumi"! This will definitely take all 6 months of this GB to finish. I think I can master this now.

IMG_0216-L.jpg

:mental:  I can't believe I'm going to jump into this as I finish up the F/A-18F DigiHell but I gotta do it. I always said it was waiting for an LSP group build to execute on.

Opened my kit and found a broken windscreen. Heard back from Tamiya USA today and they are sending a replacement completely free of charge! What a great organization.

1 hour ago, Skyraider3D said:

I'm barely a lurker here but this is something I have to join in with! Seems like a good excuse for my first resin kit! And one with my box art on it, at that :D

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/9/0/4/957904-109533-76-1080.jpg

Looks like that image is not being found currently. What kit is it?

Kev

1 hour ago, Spaced Marine said:

Maybe this will help get my mojo back! It’s been a struggle lately but I love Japanese subjects. Which should I choose:

Hasegawa Shiden Kai

Hasegawa Raiden

Tamiya Zero type 21 or 52?

My preference is the Hasegawa Shiden Kai with the wing cannons and the underbelly tank (at least it appears that way). Very different, plus I just love cannons on fighters :-)

12 hours ago, themongoose said:

I am IN!

ohhhh this is awesome! My plans for the next 6 months have now been totally reworked. Glad Stokey Pete brought this up as I didn't realize it was next up. I'm in with a JASDF Eagle as well. I have this beauty awaiting some paint...

Screenshot%202022-11-29%20110542-M.jpg

and I pulled the trigger on the only game in town for a camo pattern that I've been waiting 4 or 5 years to do. Hasegawa did a limited release in 1/72 scale. I plan to scan and create a set of masks for the 305SQ Commemorative scheme "Ume-gumi"! This will definitely take all 6 months of this GB to finish. I think I can master this now.

IMG_0216-L.jpg

:mental:  I can't believe I'm going to jump into this as I finish up the F/A-18F DigiHell but I gotta do it. I always said it was waiting for an LSP group build to execute on.

Opened my kit and found a broken windscreen. Heard back from Tamiya USA today and they are sending a replacement completely free of charge! What a great organization.

I wonder if I’ll be as lucky in my request for a C/J lower fuselage. :whistle:

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Doesn’t that kit come with the normal Japanese markings still in the box?

Quite right. They apply for the GB, but that's not question. The question is, if the gaudy Goddess-livery applies for the GB too. Just in case someone wants to paint the town red. Err, blue and white :D

(Nevertheless, I own the Goddess-kit AND a jet conversion set AND a pilot; decisions, decisions...)

Regards

- dutik

On 12/1/2022 at 8:38 AM, MARU5137 said:

And Hello and  :post1: Skyraider3D.

look forward  to your and others build.

:thumbsup:  :coolio:

Thanks! I've actually been a member since 2007 already (!!!) but have rarely posted so far :blush:

I only picked up modelling last year again after a 23-year hiatus and my main scale is 1/48, but I do have a few 1/32 kits in the stash as well.

Hi Kevin,

I thought I just posted what I wanted to build to this group build but it didn't show up.

I have not signed in in a while.  Could that be an issue?

Talk to you soon,

Ted Barrett

Edited by Ted Barrett
Spelling