SAAF Spitfire Mk IXe

Cheetah11

Looking very good Nick! I really like this colour scheme, and your research is uncovering some interesting aspects of the Mk IX e's: the roundels are much closer to the wing tip than I imagined, and somehow I thought this one might have been polished aluminium. You are also one of the few ex-airline guys I know who can afford aftermarket stuff from the LHS. Must be secretly pawning some of your stash? :lol:

4 hours ago, Madmax said:

Looking very good Nick! I really like this colour scheme, and your research is uncovering some interesting aspects of the Mk IX e's: the roundels are much closer to the wing tip than I imagined, and somehow I thought this one might have been polished aluminium. You are also one of the few ex-airline guys I know who can afford aftermarket stuff from the LHS. Must be secretly pawning some of your stash? :lol:

Ha Ha Sean, no it was all bought before the crash.:( The stash is now in "seize and hold" mode.:fight:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments gents.

I found some parts in the spares box of my first attempt to do a Spitfire Mk XVI. This was an attempt in 1985 with the Hasegawa kit . If I recall correctly I think the lack of four spoked wheels eventually sank the project.

C37D4479-00F3-4153-82C4-0E9F2756AF33.jpg

In the mean time this one is finished. I will look for some chrome Sello tape to get a more realistic mirror, so better photos tomorrow or Wednesday with hopefully a shiny mirror.

7473534B-1CB5-4328-B8B6-FE4B2251515F.jpg

6693A4DB-2527-4F64-8CC3-8EEDE4B9FF01.jpg

Cheers

Nick

On 1/6/2023 at 6:36 AM, BradG said:

Nice work mate I will wait for more pictures before adding to the gallery.

Thanks Brad, here are a couple of photos. Weather unusual for mid summer. Cloudy and temp in the mid twenties instead of the usual mid thirties with sunshine. Been like this for a month. Tuesday was sunny but it was cleaning day. :BANGHEAD2:

IMG_5467.jpg

IMG_5469.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5482.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

Enjoy

Nick

• 9 months later...