New Group Build starting December 1st - Turning Japanese

BradG

ohhhh this is awesome! My plans for the next 6 months have now been totally reworked. Glad Stokey Pete brought this up as I didn't realize it was next up. I'm in with a JASDF Eagle as well. I have this beauty awaiting some paint...

Screenshot%202022-11-29%20110542-M.jpg

and I pulled the trigger on the only game in town for a camo pattern that I've been waiting 4 or 5 years to do. Hasegawa did a limited release in 1/72 scale. I plan to scan and create a set of masks for the 305SQ Commemorative scheme "Ume-gumi"! This will definitely take all 6 months of this GB to finish. I think I can master this now.

IMG_0216-L.jpg

:mental:  I can't believe I'm going to jump into this as I finish up the F/A-18F DigiHell but I gotta do it. I always said it was waiting for an LSP group build to execute on.

2 minutes ago, themongoose said:

ohhhh this is awesome! My plans for the next 6 months have now been totally reworked. Glad Stokey Pete brought this up as I didn't realize it was next up. I'm in with a JASDF Eagle as well. I have this beauty awaiting some paint...

and I pulled the trigger on the only game in town for a camo pattern that I've been waiting 4 or 5 years to do. Hasegawa did a limited release in 1/72 scale. I plan to scan and create a set of masks for the 305SQ Commemorative scheme "Ume-gumi"! This will definitely take all 6 months of this GB to finish. I think I can master this now.

IMG_0216-L.jpg

:mental:  I can't believe I'm going to jump into this as I finish up the F/A-18F DigiHell but I gotta do it. I always said it was waiting for an LSP group build to execute on.

Wow! That’s an astonishing looking scheme.  Surely another showstopper from you. We each have our work cut out (pun intended) to hit these outta the park. 

2 hours ago, themongoose said:

IMG_0216-L.jpg

This is now my favorite jet commemorative display camouflage!

29 minutes ago, dutik said:

All Nippon Airways Boing 747...

:whistle:

:rofl:

:DodgeBall:

Regards

- dutik

5 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

That would be on LARGE scale plane in 1/32.

Indeed!

All_Nippon_Airways_B747-481s_at_Tokyo_In

Ever seen the 1/32nd B-52 display here at SAC in Omaha (Ashland)?  Its 6' or 7' something and the perspex display case is H U G E.  Knowing that a 1/32nd Nippon 747 would be like getting into R/C size wise, as the 747 makes the Buff look scrawny. Lots of quarter scale R/C ships that are not 7'+........

main-qimg-ee232dd012a097f140fd39ccbbcb03

Hey guys I just got the model out and tried to get organized for the start date. And guess what, the front window screen is broken into many pieces! Does anybody happen to have a front windscreen clear part for an F-15 as shown in the picture above? I’m gonna post in the ‘looking for’ section of course but thought I would put it here as well since there are a couple of JASDF already on here and I’m sure a few others will be joining.

4 hours ago, themongoose said:

Hey guys I just got the model out and tried to get organized for the start date. And guess what, the front window screen is broken into many pieces! Does anybody happen to have a front windscreen clear part for an F-15 as shown in the picture above? I’m gonna post in the ‘looking for’ section of course but thought I would put it here as well since there are a couple of JASDF already on here and I’m sure a few others will be joining.

That certainly sucks bushwater but Tamiya USA may be of help if you strike out elsewhere.

On 11/29/2022 at 2:33 AM, Dennis7423 said:

These are such cool airplanes. To me, they look like they drew inspiration from sharks. They are kinda like a 109... big engine with a little bit of airplane strapped to it.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Yes, you’re correct.  I love them despite their performance and poor armament.  Now I just need to find some detailed drawings….  Showing rivet lines.