FINISHED Fiat G-50 Part Trois *All glory to the Hypno-Fiat!*

RadBaron

Thanks guys, once I'd gotten thr airbrush dialed in, it was a pretty straightforward process. Highly recommend :D

A solid few hours and many millions of red dots later...

20221205_221858

20221205_221846

A few touch ups here there, but otherwise the camouflage is done!

Reminds me a whole lot the Hypnotoad

hypnotoad-futurama.gif

Next up will be painting on the white fuselage band,and vertical stabilizer cross.

• RadBaron changed the title to Fiat G-50 Part Trois *Now with Added Hypno-Toad!*

Thanks very much guys!

There wasn't anything special done, just get a feel the flow of the paint through the airbrush, put on some tunes and paint until it was done. Nothing out of the ability of anyone on the forum :lol:

On 12/6/2022 at 11:01 PM, scvrobeson said:

So do you just press the tracing paper onto the model, and the pencil transfers over? Or is there some sort of intermediary step to it?

Matt 

The cowl still needed camo-ing, so here's how I went about it all.

First thing was to get a pic of the camouflage to use. The instructions for this kit are on scalemates, so I just used that as my example

I just print-screened the images I needed, and pasted them into paint. For the cowl, I combined the top and two sides to make one template. This was scaled to fit the dimensions of the cowl. 

20221208_122902

I flipped the laptop so the screen was facing up, taped on tracing paper and used a pencil to trace the pattern. The key here is to use a soft pencil, that way it'll transfer easier than an HB or harder. 

20221208_123232

With that done, the paper was taped around the cowl, lining it up as best as possible. 

20221208_123457

Next, using the side of a pencil, rub the backside of the paper, same way you would a brass-rubbing or such. The key is to use the surface are of the side of the pencil.

20221208_123541

Keep going until the whole patern is transferred.

20221208_123651

Now unwrap and be careful not to rub off the pencil marks. 

20221208_123710

One transferred pattern. I've found that when doing these drawn out paint schemes, as your airbrushing session drags on, the irregular patterns tend to become more regular and larger, as you rush to finish the job. Putting on a guide helped me keep the pattern tight and not rush as much. 

20221208_123733

After that, attach the cowl temporarily to see where the scheme overlaps. 

20221208_132829

I get the impression that this scheme was applied in the field, and so the alignment of the scheme where the cowl overlaps the fuselage wouldn't have been perfectly done, but I wanted to give a representation of continuation between the surfaces. 

Which brings us to here.

20221208_142058

Denzil

Edited by RadBaron