1/32 Trumpeter A-6A intruder

1/32 Trumpeter A-6A intruder

Finished this week 1/32 Trumpeter A-6A intruder, this is my 5th Build of this kit and its still enjoyable, hers 503 2nd time on this one, with slight differences in the paint scheme , paint's used were MRP paints, and Eduard MER's and Quinta studios cockpit details, everything else was out the box enjoy.

Mike

MGMCVNo.jpgnFhDsfZ.jpg4esxFJj.jpg9Sl19ni.jpg0KvWIWW.jpgCfvIenV.jpgJvUD46p.jpgK791cpd.jpgyASENTe.jpgA4cNOL9.jpgVsrFgyG.jpgSQjtZxQ.jpgags1zyu.jpg

Hi

excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like !!! even "out of the box " , it's not obvious to get such final result .. hat off  

I like the figure wearing the camouflaged flight suit , is it a wink to Willem Dafoe in the movie " the flight of the intruder " ;)  a movie that  deserves to be reviewed

Alain

just for fun

14-dafoe-flightoftheintruder.jpg?1384968

I love this model, but do wonder if the finish is just a tad too grubby and matted for a mid 1970s USS Midway machine, unless it had taken off from Atsugi after a farmer sprayed the runway with... shine all your buttons with Brasso...

Sorry to sound like Revel Horwood going off on one, but it needs a good scrub-down. 

Having said that, the dynamics and paint job on the crew figures is utterly OUTSTANDING!

Tony 

On 11/25/2022 at 6:33 PM, allthumbs said:

Great looking jet!

Tell us about the crew figures. Which ones did you use and how did you achieve the camouflage effect on the B/N’s flight suit?

Rich

Hi Rich, thanks for the comments, the crew figures are from Reedoak, their pilots are just unreal for detail, I paint all my figures in the same way.

black base coat, then white dry brushed, then thin coats to glaze, if you're not familiar with this its vert transparent colours mixed with water, and layered.

The B/N is then just solid colours applied with a fine 00 brush, and cocktail stick, hope that helps, but if you need any more info on the glazing let me know, happy to help.

Mike