Looks like Trumpeter is re-releasing the F3 and F2a/ F6 Lightning

Ali62

As Tony has said, the Aires back end fits the Echelon kit because it appears was designed for accuracy, rather than fitting the Trumpeter kit.

I still have all the patterns I made somewhere - a *lot* of time and effort went into them and they would make the Trumpeter kits look a lot better IMHO.

I *may* have a chat with Tim Perry for some advice on 'productionising' - will see if I can find them first...

Patterns need surface detailing - and I stalled at the wings.

Iain

Can't tell you how much I've been waiting for Iain to post in this thread,

I remember when he started posting details of these sets back at the start of the development work, it those days you could still buy a Trumpeter F6 kit for less than a monthly Gas bill,

Ah those were the days!

Now with there return the chance to do an accurate F6 is too good an opportunity to miss , please Iain get these sets in a state where we mortals can buy them - Please!

14 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

As I mentioned recently, there's still no obvious sign of new Lightning availability on the Hannant's site. Can we just assume they will stock them, at some point?

Cheers.

Chris.   

According to Jack Crawford (in Silence of the Lambs) when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME

16 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Can't tell you how much I've been waiting for Iain to post in this thread,

I remember when he started posting details of these sets back at the start of the development work, it those days you could still buy a Trumpeter F6 kit for less than a monthly Gas bill,

Ah those were the days!

Now with there return the chance to do an accurate F6 is too good an opportunity to miss , please Iain get these sets in a state where we mortals can buy them - Please!

Just wait a couple months, might be less than the gas bill again, the way fuel costs are going up!

As I mentioned recently, there's still no obvious sign of new Lightning availability on the Hannant's site. Can we just assume they will stock them, at some point?

I ordered my F6  from Ebay - Ok its a risk but there are multiple Chinese  vendors listing Lightnings for PreOrder 

1/32 Lightning Ebay listing

10 hours ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

According to Jack Crawford (in Silence of the Lambs) when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME

Just a good job no-one's mentioned Scunthorpe, yet... 

Chris. 

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Correcting a typo.

8 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Just a good job no-one's mentioned Scunthorpe, yet... 

Chris. 

What, Scope 'n' Ruth ?  Or C Horse Punt ? 

The problem is, F.1A/3 first :frantic: or F.2A/6  :frantic:

Tony