Just a few pics of the USAF museum, we took a "truckload".........

Jack

46 minutes ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Thanks Jack, that the place with the oddity YF-4E Phantom with canards?

If so, like to someday see closeup shots of the unique areas of that one.

Plenty overall photos of it, but y'know, us modellers...it's in the details!

Now, THAT is indeed an aircraft i would have expected at the museum, but i didn't see it, and we were there for two days, but it might be in storage, or maybe displayed somewhere else, but i get what you're saying:  it's in the details for sure.

I don't know if the USAF museum has space elsewhere on the Dayton facility where more aircraft could be for future display.

Jack

3 hours ago, Jack said:

Now, THAT is indeed an aircraft i would have expected at the museum, but i didn't see it, and we were there for two days, but it might be in storage, or maybe displayed somewhere else, but i get what you're saying:  it's in the details for sure.

I don't know if the USAF museum has space elsewhere on the Dayton facility where more aircraft could be for future display.

Jack

I think 12200 is in their restoration facility, and not currently viewable by the public. I assume/hope it will get cleaned-up with fresh paint and be re-introduced with other experimental jet aircraft displays; but I'm not aware of any communications from the Air Force Museum (or, more formally, the "National Museum of the USAF"...). Their web site says only, "this aircraft is currently in storage."